Has anyone's dog had mange before?

Discussion in Pets started by Mrs. B • Oct 17, 2013.

1. Mrs. B

Mrs. BNew Member

Threads:
    My poor 5-month Rough Collie has mange. There's a spot on his right toe and another the side of the same foot. I've been using Nu-Stock Ointment to cure him, but he keeps licking it off. I tried wrapping bandages around it, but he rips those off too. Any other suggestions?:confused::confused: How long before this infection will be gone?

2. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    My dog had it on his back. It looked so painful and full of pus. I nursed him like I would have nursed my baby. The only difference is his was on his back so he was unable to lick the medicine off.

If possible try asking a vet for an antiseptic spray they will taste nasty. I think they have that. Also, you can try an E collar or muzzle for a few hrs out of the day. Even though that will make them uncomfortable it will give the antibiotic a chance to work on the wound.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We had that with our dog, and we had him checked by a vet too, but he died after suffering from it for more than a year, and he was hairless all over for more than a year. He had lots of ticks too. I suggest to keep an eye on him and consult a vet as soon as the spots get bigger.