Has Your Pet Ever Got You In Trouble?

Discussion in Pets started by Denis Hard • Jul 16, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A neighbor of mine is in trouble after one of his guard dogs attacked a kid who'd entered his compound to retrieve a ball. The dog was taken away to be tested for rabies then possibly it would be killed. The money my neighbor has to pay is so much that I almost feel sorry for him. But I suppose that's the kind of responsibility that comes with owning a huge dog.

Have any of you been in similar situations where you had to pay for anything your pet had done? Did you at that time regret owning that pet?

#1Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really see how the law here is on the child's site. Obviously, I feel for the kid, but it shouldn't have gone into the compound. Wouldn't it be regarded as entering private property? I am sure your neighbour would have signs around his compound, informing the public that he has got guard dogs on duty. In that case, at least that's how it is here where I live, the law is on the side of the dog owner.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    One of our dogs did bite my cousin in the past but we were really lucky because it was not bad and he was my cousin too, otherwise we would have gotten into a bigger trouble.

The other one though liked stealing so much that once she broke into our neighbours house to steal food. She also caught people's chicken and left it dead. Not enough with that she would go to other neighbours fish pool to catch fish.

In the end one of the people killed her by giving her a food with poison on it :(

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Luckily I have never had an experience like that, all of our pets are strictly not let loose outside the house, so they are either kept indoors or kept in a cage or just let loose in our yard. I would feel obligated to pay if any of my pets caused harm to another person, but I will make sure that that does not happen.