Have any of you guys heard of Bookbub?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Esperahol • Aug 15, 2014.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Bookbub is apparently a notification center that emails you with the latest deals regarding ebooks. I honestly haven't taken much advantage of it , but when I have used it it has worked out fairly well. I just wish that some of the links it uses weren't so limited in nature. Like for instance Amazon is so concerned with schlepping the Kindle that it forgets some people just want their eBook without any sort of half-step like the one they're using. Still I've gotten a lot of deals as well as information about some interesting works/series. So it works out well enough I guess.

2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I've heard of Bookbub. I keep getting emails from them and i don't know how that happened. I don't know how they got a hold of my email address which really annoys me to no end because they keep sending me emails everyday for book deals and discounts or just book details that i have no interest at all. -.-

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I check it everyday for free book deals. Yes, the emails can be annoying so I ignore them and check when I feel like it. They can be useful when they have a bestseller on offer for free for a few days only. I use other ones like BookGorilla and Reading Deals as well which are similar. Many are kindle books, but I download them to a kindle app on my laptop anyhow.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually haven't heard of Bookbub before and it's the first time I'm hearing it. I'll definitely check that site out and be more than glad to receive notifications of book deals, bookworm that I am. If there's anything for free, I'd love to take part in it. Currently, I've set a goal upon myself to read without a cost until such time I have more resources to buy a whole set.

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of them, but I will check them out. I'm so used to just buying books from Barnes and Noble, that I don't think of any other place simply out of convenience and the fact that I have a gift card balance to tide me over for a good while.

6. Timetrvlr

TimetrvlrMember

Threads:
    I get notices from BookBub every day too and about once a week, something pops up that interest me. Yes, they do sometimes give notice of a free book, sometimes at the Google bookstore, but usually from Smashwords. That's how I found Smashwords, in my opinion, a great bookstore; they have lots of great science fiction, most of the author's first books are free and the sequels are sold for nominal prices.

xTinx , check with your local library, maybe they have an eBook section where you can check out eBooks and download to your computer using Adobe Digital Editions (free software). My Province has an extensive eBook library and all I need to access it is my library card number.