Have Someone Shop For You?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Sep 12, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not the best way to save money since the person who'll be buying stuff for you won't hunt for deals but someone I know told me that it helps him save money. He writes his list and hands it over to the person who has offered to help. He says it helps him avoid spending more money than he's budgeted [for] because it's easy [for him] to be tempted to buy things not on his list that might be on sale, for example.

Would you request someone to buy groceries for you?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, this wouldn't work for me! The closest I've done in that respect is, home delivery. I guess in that sense it's more or less same. What I like about home delivery is that you indicate online whether or not you'd like a substitute, where an item is not available. Because I can't trust anyone to choose for me, I usually answer no. If a certain item's not there, I'd rather go without.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Probably groceries I can entrust, but for the department store stuff, I don't think so. I would like to pick out the stuff I want personally and not entrust that job to someone else. I am quite fussy when buying things for myself.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I probably could do this for people instead and save them loads of money. In fact I used to do it with friends and they were shocked at how much they did save. They have a show here in the UK where they swap a family's shopping for other brands (or not) to see if they can spot the difference and can save money. Most do save money and the funny part is when they say a product isn't like their usual and is bad, when it was the same product they had been using all along!

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I love grocery shopping, so to answer this question no. I am also a serial saver. I hunt for bargains even in groceries. So I do save money even when I'm the one doing the shopping. My husband always teases me that I love spending time in the grocery store even when I already know what's in there. Lol. Which is true, I like spending time in there because I get to see discounts and discover new brands and such.

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I can see how this would work so that you avoid buying things you don't need, but I have become more disciplined in that arena, so I will stick to doing my own shopping. I use a lot of coupons and it would drive my buyer nuts. Plus if something on my list is too expensive in the store, I find a substitute.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I wouldn't unless the items are just basic ones that I know I couldn't get a better deal on myself anyway. If it's just an errand for a few items I'll gladly let someone else do it, but if I know there will be some decisions that have to be made or some extra effort has to be put in, I will favor just doing it myself because you're right, no one else will go the extra mile to save me expense except me.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't because even though I don't like shopping that much it's a fairly easy task. However, if someone was willing to pay me for it I would happily shop for them. It would be an easy way to make money obviously.

9. wendypie

wendypieNew Member

Threads:
    I would not want to have someone shop for me. I like saving and shopping wisely. Have a day or two of price and quality comparisons of many stores of the products that I want to buy then a day that I just go to the chosen stores to buy. I do not like mixing window shopping and buying all in one day. Having someone shop for me is a bit tricky as I am very particular when it comes to shopping.

However, there are cases when I am very busy then I can ask someone trust worthy to do it for me but I will be very clear as to where I want them to buy from and which brands.

Sometimes, when a person is going to a country where one can find products that can not be found in my country or if they are way cheaper in that country, I do have someone shop for me as it will save me money.

10. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually do this but it would be just fine for me. I do have the tendency to overspend so doing this would be a great help for me. I just have to make a list and since I usually buy the stuff myself, I know how much they cost. At least I can do a lot more work while someone is out there buying the groceries for me.

11. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I love shopping so I wouldn't have someone shop for me. I always shop when there are discounts so I know how to save money now. The only person that has stopped for me is my mom but like surprise shopping and I always like what she buys me since she knows me and she also loves bargain shopping.

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No, I always prefer to go shopping myself. Contrary to what many people think, I think buying is something fun and even therapeutic sometimes (this is not something that should only be linked to women, haha).