Have You Bought Anything From The Nhl Shop?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Zyni • Jul 10, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband was so excited that the Chicago Blackhawk's won the cup. He just had to have some gear. He signed up for a membership thing that gave him a discount, and began trying to order. Well, everything was out of stock, or they didn't have his size and stuff, for quite a while.

He finally got a shirt, and he was smiling like a little kid on Christmas. He decided to wear it for the first when we had company the other day, to show it off, lol. He was so surprised that it was just an average, run of the mill, T-shirt.

The logos look nice and everything, but the shirt itself is nothing special. It's not nice, heavy, cotton or really nicely made or high quality. It's just a shirt. For $30 he was expecting more than the kind of shirt you'd find at Walmart or something. I agree. It used to be that you didn't mind paying a bit more, because you knew it would be good. This shirt? I'm scared it won't hold up in the wash.

What do you think?

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a shame. I haven't bought anything from them, but from what I remember, the thick really nice ones are very expensive. Prices have gone way up, and anything with a label like that, that was made as well as the professional sports jerseys of old, would probably cost at least twice that. I'm not really into sports, but if I were to buy something sports related, it probably would be a hockey jersey. When the Superbowl was here, I bought a jersey from one of the street booths and paid around $20-$25, I think. It's still around, and in decent shape, but isn't an official shirt and isn't the quality that I remember from the good old days when I would see the hockey merchandise in the Boston Garden shop.

Just curious, does the shirt state where it was made? I'm interested to see if they're made in the United States (or even North America), which would be a nice selling point, for me.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I get it. I guess I just expected better from the NHL Shop. I mean, I know stuff like that is going to cost, but I do remember previous shirts being better quality than what this one is. This is like the "quality" of T-shirt you'd get in a discount shop. I definitely remember them being better.

Well, I guess technically that was the NFL Shop not the hockey gear. He still has some Bear's shirts that are nicer. It does look good, so I guess he'll just have to be careful with it.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a shame. I have noticed many products seem to be going down in quality, and it makes me not want to buy those brands anymore, or shop in the store where I bought them. I have an issue with scratchy fabric, so have to be careful when I buy clothing, and it seems the cheaper the fabric, the scratchier/harsher it is.

5. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    That is the one thing about buying online you have no idea the quality of something until it arrives. For that price you think it would have been a good quality shirt. I have gotten a few things from other clothing places that were nothing like I was expecting. Sometimes it better to buy it at a local shop when you know exactly what you are getting.