Have you ever been included in a class action lawsuit?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by MrsJones • Dec 31, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have on several occasions responded to a class action lawsuit against a company. I recall them involving a computer that I bought; a bank; mortgage company; and just recently received another notice for one. I think I've become an aficionado at this. :rolleyes: It's a wonderful thing to know that you've spent money on a product you trust and someone else finds the company at fault and pursues legal action for everyone who was unknowing affected by it.

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I have been party to a few court complaints, involving a person making a case against a company or corporation for injuring him/her, which expanded over the course of the last ten years. The biggest settlement I've gotten that I finally filed paperwork to make a claim for, was a case that I was party to a plaintiff had won in her court against the defendant Wal-Mart corporation, which was about unpaid hours and some other illegal stuff. I've also filed for another claim as a party member for another case last year too, but the case has not finalized in judgment yet. Those who don't file claims are missing out, because doing so does help you understand how Law and Legalities work, and it gives justice to you as a human for the events or people that had injured, harmed, or wronged you but did not attempt to compensate you for the trespass.

However, if people do make a claim, be honest about it and do not try to misuse Law or Legalities to benefit your greed!

3. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I was part of the suit between amazon and one of the major publishers a while back. It was when the publishers used to have a higher e-book price for preorder, then drop the price just slightly after publishing, and drop it again a few months later. Eventually, the result was that the angry people who paid more for a pre-order than people who bought it later got the money back in their amazon account to spend on books. My daughter got like $20 in the settlement but I got almost $150 because I had bought so many during that time period. It was pretty cool.

More recently, I got a card for the vibram five fingers class action lawsuit. I don't really feel it's necessary but I figured there was no reason NOT to be included if there was a potential for money since I had bought several pairs of the shoes during the specified period.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have only been part of one class action lawsuit. It was against my bank. They were charging transactions in a way that would purposely trigger an overdraft fee. If you deposited money and then ordered something with your card, they would process the debit first instead of the deposit so that they could charge overdraft fees.
    My share of the settlement was $99 ,which I used to buy Christmas presents for my kid. Toys R Us was having a sale so I got her a lot of toys that year.