Have You Ever Bought Anything Online That Never Got Delivered?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Tribie • Aug 15, 2013.

1. Tribie

TribieMember

Threads:
    We got this Star Wars Compendium from Amazon long ago and it had been 2 months already since the purchase before we sent them an email. We are in Asia so we understand that deliveries can get really delayed and this is why we waited that long. Anyway, they told us they would just send another one and within a week, the book arrived. On the following day, a second book arrived. They just told us to keep the second book because it would cost more to return it. We just gave the other book to someone else as a gift. Have you ever paid for anything online that never arrived?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I reckon at least HALF the items that I have ordered from Ebay have not been delivered. There is no chance of getting my money back because the sellers now send items by second class post in order to save money and there is no proof of postage with this option. Now I only buy from people who offer to send the items recorded delivery.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Once. I don't remember what it was, but it was from China. The rest of the time, I find it takes a little over a month to get to me. Although one place recently, I got it in a couple of weeks, I was shocked.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Somethings from seller from Amazon. Funny thing is that, everyone refunded my money, but half of those things ended up getting to me half or one year later, so it's like christmas when something arrives at my door.

5. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I have actually, about 3 months ago. I ordered a hard drive because I was running out of space on my desktop. I ordered it on a Thursday, which unfortunately, they don't ship on Saturdays or Sundays, so I had to wait until Monday. Until Monday comes by, I wasn't really expecting them to come this early. I checked at around 5 PM, and saw that it was shipped when I never received the package. I was confused by this since it has never happened to me before so I called customer service in hopes of finding my package. After many questions, they finally responded that the package was undeliverable when it clearly said Delivered on the shipping page. Fortunately, I received a replacement next day, and got reimbursed $9.

6. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    Nopes..i haven't faced such situation ever..i have been delivered everything i ordered online,..may be it gets a bit late but it always reaches me..the what was the name of the website you used to order.

7. lindsaylove

lindsayloveNew Member

Threads:
    this never happen to me.

8. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, unfortunately. I ordered a pair of boots on eBay a few years ago. I was so excited about the delivery but it never came. After 2-weeks I gave up hope and the seller didn't reply to any of my emails. I opened a case and the seller closed his Paypal account, he scammed me and eBay had to recover my money from his bank account.

9. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I have had this on a couple of occasions, but I have always found that places like Amazon are very helpful when it comes to refunding things that have never arrived. In fact, I have had to do this twice in the past month having never done it before, so I can only assume that they were having some kind of issues at head office at the time. But the items were refunded and I was able to order them again, so everything was fine.

With eBay, I have never had something not arrive, but I know of people who have. You do have the option of leaving bad feedback, and you should find that PayPal will always refund you if the item does not show. PayPal are usually on the side of the customer, and this means that you do have a certain level of protection when you decide to buy with them.

Online buying is always a bit of a gamble, as you don't have the thing in your hands ready to use, but at the end of the day there are times when you sometimes just need to buy something, and the internet seems to be the easiest place to do it.

10. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have only had it happen once. I purchased a CD from a foreign band that I liked and could not find in my country so I purchased it through an online store. It had to go through several customs checkpoints and it didn't make it through one of them. I contacted the seller who said once they got it back, they would refund my money. They never got it back and I never got my money back. I was just really lucky that it wasn't a very expensive item.

11. Buck

BuckNew Member

Threads:
    Only happened to me once, on ebay. Unfortunately it was something I was really looking forward to!

12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Well this actually happened to me once and the issue was resolved very quickly.
    It turned out that my neighbor actually took the package in because I wasn't one at the time and they ended p keeping it for about a week.
    They later gave it back to me after a week or two so perhaps your super or building owner may have it.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've had that happen a few times, but it turned out to be mail theft. I live near my daughter's old elementary school and kids on their way home pass by our place, so I guess on occasion those kids have seen a package and taken it. The seller tracking always shows it as delivered.

I'm not planning to do any mail ordering until I move to a new apartment so the local kids will only find bills if they look in my mailbox.

14. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    I've never not received what I ordered but I have been double charged from online retailers at least twice. That was not easy to fix either. I ordered one folks, charge me one time. And it's not like the order got messed up and somehow I ordered twice. I only received one item, yet was charged twice. Not good.

15. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I recently ordered a couple of children's books for my son a few weeks ago and only received one of the books. I was pretty disappointed since I had been trying to find a store that had these particular books for a while and was happy to see they were at this store. I did end up getting refunded my money but it still sucks when you buy something and it doesn't get to you.

16. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Sadly it was dinner. I had ordered Sunday dinner online since my phone wasn't working that day. I even ordered early since I was expecting that a lot of people were going to be placing their orders for dinner. So after a couple of hours following up, and a trip to the neighbor to use their phone so I could call and complain. I cooked my own dinner.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A lot of places in my area, like Japanese food restaurants and pizza places, accept online ordering and I'm afraid to do it because I don't trust it and don't want to have a similar experience to what you went through. It doesn't seem efficient to wait for someone to read your food order online and I wonder how many orders get delayed while waiting for someone to log on and read your order.

18. Steverd

SteverdMember

Threads:
    YES, but I order stuff from Amazon a few times a week. It's happened a few times from their orders. One time tracking showed it was delivered and another time, it just lost my UPS. It seems to be worse around Christmas when there are so many more packages. Plus I think the Amazon LOGO on the boxes, make them a target for thief. Every year here where I live, there are a few arrest from people following UPS trucks and stealing packages that they leave on porches.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that the Amazon logo on boxes makes them a target for thieves. I sometimes see on the news that they catch a thief on camera stealing packages and it's almost always Amazon boxes.
    One of my Christmas presents for my daughter got stolen last year and it was from Amazon. People see an Amazon logo and think "Something good is in there."

20. darelle4

darelle4Member

Threads:
    I ordered a ear alarm gadget for falling asleep behind the wheel and I did not receive it so I file a case on eBay. Most times it is the sellers from Hong Kong, I don't know if it is the amount of time or th e fact that they have so many orders to complete that it takes them so much time to ship to their customers.