Have you ever bought the full season of a tv show?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by wowtgp • Sep 12, 2014.

1. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    TV shows are better than movies in my opinion. If you have watched shows like Lost and Hannibal, you'd agree with me here. They are the best. I am sure some people buy those DVDs that are up for sale on sites like Amazon and eBay. Has anyone here every bought a TV show DVD?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have some seasons of The Office, various Adult Swim cartoons, and Anime. I normally buy DVDs for movies more often. I just love movies. What can I say? Though, as I said before, I also love Anime.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have bought full seasons of a TV show. It's been awhile though. I have the full season (there was only one) of Firefly. I never get tired of it. I also have a couple of seasons of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. I might buy because these shows are not streamed on Netflix or Hulu. I also have about three seasons of Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

I really want to buy Babylon 5 because I can't find the complete show anywhere online. As you can tell, I'm a big sci-fi fan.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have 'Friends' and several season of 'Fringe' and all of '24'. I got one set on sale and the rest were gifts that my brother likes to borrow. The sets are worth it, even though you can stream, the convenience of having them all is better than fiddling and scrolling through episodes. It's also a big market now, as shows like to release the DVDs with bonus material to get fans to buy the sets.

5. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I should agree first before buying any whole season. We did get 24, Dexter, Dead Wood, Carnivale and Samurai X. We transfer these on our network storage for easy access when there are visitors who would want to watch some of them.

6. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Yep! A few years ago I bought the full series DVD box set to the MTV show Daria. I remember loving this show during junior high! I also have the first season to Charlie's Angels but my mom bought it for me as a Christmas gift as well as the full series box set to The OC. I also have Boardwalk Empire Season 3 and Good Times Season 1. Whenever I buy a DVD, I usually go to Amazon or eBay because I never go wrong with getting great deals for these items.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Nope, I haven't.

I do watch a lot of TV online, but I never purchase it directly like that. I watch on sites like Netflix and Project Free TV instead.

8. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I did, several years back I was hooked on Nickelodeon's "Avatar, The Last Airbender" so I really did my best to get a hold of all the episodes. But technically, I didn't bought it myself as I don't have an idea back then where to buy such DVDs. A friend bought it for me in exchange for certain Anime DVDs that I have in my collection. :)

9. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I once bought the entire set of Eli Stone(both season 1 and 2). This was the only show that I liked to a point that I want to own it. As for tv shows better than movies, I think this one is subjective because I'm generally more of a fan of movies than tv shows mainly because of my short attention span. Nothing on tv these days seems to be able to keep me coming back to it.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I used to buy a lot of these in the past but nowadays not so much anymore because I don't like having physical media now that I have a way better alternative in digital streaming and downloading. The ones I already have are staying and I don't plan on selling them, but I'm pretty messy so they will most likely end up just getting lost or forgotten, whereas I could at least keep better track of my digital files much easier.

11. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Besides the ones I got ripped off for, I had bought a season of House because I had a gift card that I saved up in rewards programs. I also have a few seasons of How I Met Your Mother. I'm still not going to look at that series the same but they were from Goodwill so they were cheap. I don't buy TV show DVDs that often though because I'm rather picky on what I want to pay for.

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only TV show I bought is Legend of The Seeker. I'd not watched it when it was aired [I didn't watch TV back then] but because someone kept telling me how good the Show was, I got myself the DVD and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've never bought any others because if I watch something and most TV shows aren't that interesting, I'd rather not watch the same thing again.

Should I hear of another show as good as Legend of The Seeker then probably I could buy the complete series.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I did! A few years ago I bought the whole box set of the TV show Veronica Mars! It was my favorite show back then, and I was ecstatic to buy it. However, I don't recommend buying box sets of TV shows, because unless you are absolutely addicted and will watch several times, you probably just watch the whole thing once or twice and get tired of it.

14. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I've never bought a entire season on a TV series, but I have sit and watched a whole season over a period of time online. There are several sites where you can now watch episodes of just about any sitcom or series nowadays. I barely even buy DVDs anymore due to being able to watch movies for free online. I watch just about all off my favorite shows online on my 40inch monitor.

15. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    No i haven't in my life bought a whole season of my favorites shows or a single episode for that matter. Nowadays, we have instant free access to just about anything online, they could be movies, tv shows or songs, they're all available for downloads. I know it's not legit but hey, it's for free, you're not gonna hear any complaints from me. :p

16. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I bought the massive complete set of LOST, which was all 6 season on DVD. Most of the DVD discs that I own are part of that set. Otherwise I very rarely buy DVD's. I've never been a massive movie fan, and I simply watch most TV shows on online players.

17. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    I often buy the full seasons of TV shows. They are $5 per season at the pawn shop. For instance I bought Season 1&2 of True Blood. If I don't like it or don't want to keep it I can sell it back to the pawn shop or on Ebay.

18. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with you. TV shows are so much better. We watch Hannibal, The Following, and Suits just to name a few. We also take advantage of many shows on Netflix. I am addicted to The Killing and Orange is the New Black!! The only full season TV show we have ever purchased is the first season of American Horror Story. It was incredible when it was on and we just couldn't resist!

My husband and I love watching TV at night when the kiddos are sleeping. We tend to do TV marathons where we watch 4 or 5 episodes at a time.
    So fun !
    :)

19. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    No, I haven't, I watch lots of TV online but I don't buy box sets. I don't see the point these days! I'm still addicted to lots of TV shows though and years ago someone bought me a friends box set, which I still watch :).

20. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I've never bought a full season of a show..but I do enjoy TV. Friends and family have given me DVD series as presents before because they know which ones I'm a fan of. I'm not a big DVD/movie person so I rarely think about buying them. It is nice to pop a DVD in and watch whenever you want, though.