Have you ever called a manufacturer?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by MrsJones • Dec 2, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I got choked when I was drinking a soda. What I coughed up looked like part of a toothpick covered with blood. My co-workers were concerned about my condition but I was concerned about buying that particular brand of soda again. It was my favorite brand of soda. :( Any way, I called the company to complain about what happened. They took all my information. No one called me back ever but I did receive several coupons for 'free' soda with no expiration date - my favorite brand along with a letter of apology for what I had experienced.

Have you or anyone you know ever contacted a company/manufacturer with a complaint of any kind? What was the outcome.

2. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I've made quite a few complaints to companies in my time. I usually got the same as you...coupons and apologies. A few times I got a couple of months free products as a result.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I read a story about someone who found a bug in his favorite soft drink and he could have cause trouble but the company bosses managed to avert that. Somehow they managed to convince him that accidents happen etc, etc, and gave him a little bit of cash to stay quiet. I wonder if I'd accepted such an apology
    when I could make a little bit more if I sued.

Anyway, I've never found any products I've bought defective enough to compel me to make that one call to complain.

4. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I used to feel that way until that incident occurred. Now if I'm not pleased with a product I look for a 1-800# and at the least make a call. You never know;)

5. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    I call companies rather routinely, actually. I don't call just to complain, however. I also call when I have something positive to say. I try to call several companies each month as it gets me some really good coupons sometimes. You can also find out about any coupon programs or other savings methods by asking.

Some companies are terrific with complaints. Campbell's sent me a bunch of coupons, including some for free products, when I had an issue with one of their canned pastas. I contacted 3Diamond, on the other hand, about finding a bone in my tuna and they sent me a check for the cost of the tuna. Guess which company I support the most now?

6. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I actually have a list of companies that I contact 2-3 times a year for coupons. I often call with many compliments but on occassion, there have been a complaint. I have even made quite a few suggestions as well. In the end, I get tons and tons of awesome coupons, sometimes free product ones.

7. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my goodness. I can't believe that happened to you. I read your paragraph and I was shocked for a good while that a company could allow a soda to fly past proper inspections and almost choke you to death. They're lucky that you didn't pursue this any further, which is why they loaded you up with coupons to avoid that. And as for me, I've never had to call a manufacturer over something this serious at least. Yeah maybe if it concerns a certain inquiry of one of their products, such as a specialty product being impaired and needing to get fixed, but that's it. I don't know anyone else who did either.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also haven't encountered a grave incident to the point where I would call a manufacturer, but I would try to call one if I did. Who knows, I might get free stuff. Hopefully they entertain emails though, since we don't have a landline anymore.