Have You Ever Had a Pet Sugar Glider?

Discussion in Pets started by Daria • Dec 7, 2013.

1. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    I made a new friend about three months ago. I just went over to his house for the first time tonight. I was shocked to find out that he had a pet sugar glider. At first, I thought it was a baby squirel. Nope, it was a marsupial. Sugar gliders are like kangaroos, and they keep their young in their pouch. It was pretty cool and very friendly. It just wanted to crawl all over me and be my buddy. I guess they are expensive pets, but they are supposed to be very good pets.

They do need a lot of attention, so that is something to keep in mind. I am thinking about getting a pair. They are pack animals, and in the wild live in packs of 14. So, I think if you get one, then you should get, too. Have you ever had a sugar glider as a pet?

2. astockd1

astockd1Member

Threads:
    I have three! I was about to post a thread about it, but then I saw this. We have a mom, a dad, and a month old baby. They're amazing and adorable and so easy to love, especially the baby. They do require a lot of attention, and you have to be confident letting them out of the cage because they need play time, but they can't wander too much or they can stuck in places and get hurt/die. The food costs add up, with fresh fruit and veggies every day, pellets, yogurt, honey, and distilled water. They can't drink tap water because they're very sensitive to ion concentrations, like chlorine. Also, we ended up with a jerk of a male and have to keep him separate from the female because he has no manners and seems to scare her. She is amazing and so is the baby.