Have you ever sent a gift via mail and it was never delivered?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by dieselfit • Oct 30, 2013.

1. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I can imagine this being a nightmare. You're far away from your loved ones or someone very close to you, so you send a gift on a special occasion. Somehow it gets lost or never delivered to the person you sent it to. You wonder if it's just delayed but it was never sent. To figure out where it went could take months if it's "missing". Have you ever had a situation like this one and how did you "fix" it?

2. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    There used to be a modus operandi back in the 90s where a family member member from abroad sends some cash through courier and it is never delivered.

3. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I Have experienced this back in 2011. My niece moved away to kansas. I wanted to surprise her with a pair of sneakers for her birthday. I told my sister, her mom about it. I purchased the sneakers and told her to look out for them. The sneakers never came and I felt bad. I felt bad because it looked as if I was a liar and forgot her birthday. Horrible! I was told her size was no longer available and that was the cause of the delay. Um, so why did you allow me to purchase ?! SMH!

4. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:

Oh my god! I knew something like this would happen in this day and age. I'm sorry you experienced this and it must have been such a horrible feeling to know that your niece. I read stories like this on the internet and the sender said they had no money to buy another gift because the lost gift was so expensive. Such things are ridiculous, why would they sell it to you!? What site was that, I'll be sure to never shop there!

5. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately this happened to me now. Luckily it wasn't a massively expensive gift, it was just really annoying.

6. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I was not sure if the thread was about the delivery or after reading the responses the supplier of the gift. I always send my gifts through the US post office and often use priority flat rate boxes (which are great, they don't charge for weight "if it fits, it ships" they say) and I have NEVER had anything not make it. Often it makes it cross country in two days. I can even add some fun things that are weighty since you do not pay extra. I like to send some treats with gifts like cashews or the like and it turns out to be quite a value to ship. Now all priority has free tracking too.

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have never had this happen...yet! I have had a picture in a frame get damaged even though the packaging was clearly marked FRAGILE. The picture and the frame itself was not damaged, just shattered glass everywhere when they opened the package. I felt bad that they opened a package of broken glass. They didn't mind as it was actually a painting of their dog that I had done for them and they absolutely loved the gift.

8. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had something like this happen to me not to long ago. My daughter's aunt sent her a gift for her bday and I guess my change of address didn't go through and I thought she had my new address but she didn't so we never found out what happened to that package.

9. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have had a few gifts go missing and one of the most annoying things is when you send money in birthday cards and they get the card but without the money :(. I don't understand people that can do that.