Have You Ever Tried To Sell Jewelry Online?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by suegiplaye • Jul 18, 2015.

1. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    I love to make money online! But so far, it has been an uphill battle. I still am learning the ropes of marketing on the internet. Have you ever tried to make money online by selling jewelry? Was it successful ? How did you market it? I am wondering if shoppers even buy jewelry online. My opinion is that most buy it at stores in person so they can try it on.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think a lot of it will depend on what type of jewelry you would be selling. Home-made, costume and designer/fine all appeal to different markets.

Having said that, the marlet is somewhat oversaturated so your products would really need to stand out. Take a look at completed jewellery listings on Etsy and eBay to give yourself an idea of what sells and for how much.

3. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    Thanks fo

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Reverse engineering the sites that are making money and using the same type of conversation on your site will help your to get more sales. Good photos are also needed to display your product from all sides. Good luck with your adventure.

5. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    My sister made jewelry and sold it online. She didn't make a who lot of money but she was pleased with what she did make. She just set up a page on Facebook and went from there. It was surprising how many orders she got from all around the world just from having a Facebook page. I, also, know people who sell on Esty.com and are doing extremely well.

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried selling jewelry online and at an artisan emporium. It failed more epically than I could believe. Out of dozens of pieces, I sold only one item at the artisan emporium, and have never sold an item online. I relisted so many times, it was so frustrating. I was advertising links to my stuff in my signatures on all forums I post on, trying so hard, but I hardly got any views of my things anyway. I finally gave them all to a charity and gave up on jewelry making entirely. It was such a waste of time. The most I was going to make even if I did manage to sell them was maybe $2 an hour for the labor time to make it. Not worth it when I don't even know if I'm going to get paid for any of it at all.

7. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I've sold artwork, zines and jewelry through Etsy and the the latter was the only thing that never moved. However, there were a few important factors -
    • These were mostly early pieces that may as well have come from a kit. Not 100% original.
    • At the time, my camera had less than 6 MP. Experts say use one that has at least 8 to catch details and improve resolution.
    • I did not promote these well. Later on, I got ideas from magazines like ClothPaperScissors about how to make one-of-a-kind pieces.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I seem to have a phobia when it comes to jewelries. In fact, my husband wouldn't want me to buy such because it is only for display. But for me, I had a bad experience with jewelries when my mother got some jewelries from my classmate's mother to sell. It was supposed to be a good business but my mother was not able to pay the jewelries. I really didn't know what happened but in effect, I paid the jewelries myself when I got a job.