Have you ever used a graphics tablet?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by mistymi • Aug 26, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm considering buying a graphics tablet to learn how to draw using digital paint programs. How similar is it real drawing? Since you don't actually see the screen on the pad that you're drawing on. I've also looked at a few different ones and the Wacom CTH 480 seems pretty good, though there seem to be a lot of alternatives. Do you have a graphics tablet you enjoy using?

2. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I have. I have a Wacom device and I love it. I've used that thing a lot since I first bought it and ever since all of my works has been fast and looking good. I work as graphic designer and I have to say using a tablet instead of a mouse makes you work really fast and accurately, it takes a little bit of getting used to but once you get it down it will fell like second skin to you.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. I've used a graphics tablet before, one of those cheap Chinese ones and as much as I love them since their cheap and very useful, they're really not that great at all. I'm planning on switching on a Wacom device soon. It's easier to do your graphics work using a tablet really. It's faster and more efficient.

4. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Wacom tablet but I have never really got into using it. It's a basic model so I still had to use my mouse or keyboard a lot to switch to different tools. I think that is what killed to fun.

I can imagine the bigger models with on-tablet buttons to be a lot more productive.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have considered purchasing a graphics tablet before. I love to draw and I knew that it would be very useful for me.

However, when I bought my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, my need for a graphics tablet went down the drain. I could now easily draw whatever I want using my Note 2. The screen size is quite small (5.5 inches) but it's still good. Also, there are a lot of apps that could be used when drawing using my Note 2. It's also very easy to transfer my work to my laptop. :)

6. tzbt827

tzbt827Member

Threads:
    I've been wanting to buy one of these for quite a while. I always enjoyed people drawing cool stuff with their tablets on Photoshop and they always looked very professional. I'm not sure the pricing of them but i'd definitely love to get one one day.

7. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I used a small Wacom Bamboo at school about 3 years ago and it was hard to get used to for drawing and vectoring but nice for painting and retouching. It was just that I couldn't be as precise with it as I wanted. But let me say I'm not the best drawer with pencil either and some of my classmates loved using it.

My partner has a huge XL Intuos 3 I believe and it's so hard to use because of the size that we never use it. I'm going to try to sell it because it was a mistake he made getting such a big size. I would like to get a medium newer model instead because I think that size would be perfect for retouching and painting which is what we want it to.