Have You Experienced Having Errors When Paying Through Paypal?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by sidney • Dec 24, 2012.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been getting this error for 2 days straight consecutively while I was trying to pay for an item via Paypal for something that I bought from eBay. The error says:

"This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information."

Now I googled a bit, and I found out that lots of people are experiencing this glitch since 2011 and until now, because the most recent complaints that I saw were posted just this Dec. 2012. Now I tried paying again earlier, and I managed to pay successfully, even if Paypal's customer service hasn't replied to me yet. So the glitch managed to resolve itself over time, I guess.

So I wanna ask if any of you has experienced having problems when using or paying via Paypal? If yes, what problem did you encounter and how did you resolve it?

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I once experienced something similar. This is the error I used to get:

15E812370.

It was in a website called asos.com. To this date, I have never been able to use PayPal to pay there. I seem to be the only one experiencing this problem though. Both PayPal and Asos Customer Services didn't help at all.

Good to know the problem fixed itself for you, though! :)

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah it's obviously a system glitch, and 2 days later Paypal still has no reply to my ticket, so that goes to show how "efficient" they are. Good thing that the problem got resolved on its own and I won't be needing their assistance anymore. Have you tried opening another window (not tab) when you click the "Pay Now" or "Checkout" button? I read that it sometimes solves the problem, but in my case it didn't really work. It might work on your end though.

4. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    So far I haven't had any issues with Paypal and I hope it stays that way. But if something does happen though, I just hope I will get my money back as soon as possible.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I haven't had any issues either.

At least it's just not allowing you to pay at all, instead of it charging your PayPal account, and not actually giving you credit through Ebay. I wonder exactly where the glitch is taking place.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't run into any issues paying with PayPal. It seems very strange. I can see it happening on a strange or unknown site, but eBay? eBay bought out PayPal so it's very strange that it doesn't work. Have you tried contacting eBay directly?

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually this past 2 weeks I have been a bit active in bidding and buying in Paypal, and the error only occurs if I pay using Ebay's checkout. I have bought items from multiply.com and dx.com during the same timeframe and the payments got through smoothly. Anyway I have contacted Paypal about this because for 2 days I couldn't pay for the item that I won at Ebay and for the sake of those people who might also experience this, I'm pasting the reply of the Paypal representative:

"I hope you’re doing well today. I called you to provide a quicker answer but I was not able to reach you.

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to complete a payment using your Paypal account and I know how frustrating this can be. Don’t worry, let me check this for you.

I saw that your payment is being blocked by our internal security system that is why it did not go through. Most common reasons are the increments of the money you are sending, if this is too high or too low depending on your spending pattern, if you are logging on to a different computer while making the payment or if you are outside your country or region and also if you are attempting to pay the same person on the same day.

I know it is not the best answer for you now, but the protection that it gives you really is for the best. Please understand that since this is not a face to face business, we need this kind of security to protect our customers.

I have listed some steps that you can take to reduce the chances of your future payments from being blocked:

- Attempt to make the payment using a different funding source
    - Try to make the payment at a different time.
    - Ensure that you are making your payment from your country of residence.
    - If possible, attempt to complete the payment from the computer that you often use to access your PayPal account.

We regret the inconvenience this may have caused. We advise that you contact your merchant to inform them of the situation as most PayPal sellers are familiar with it. You can negotiate with them if you can process a direct payment or use a different payment method available."

The thing is, I always use the same pc and IP when logging in to Paypal but the error still occurs, so I followed one post that I saw which says to pay using a mobile phone. I'm using an Android device, and luckily, my payment there went smoothly although the first time I tried using Ebay's mobile site (m.ebay.com), I was directed to finish the transaction using a pc, so I directly typed

and the payments were made without a problem. So I really think that this is a glitch on Paypal's end, after all, lots of people are also experiencing it, and some posts that I have read were posted way back in 2011 regarding the same problem.

#7Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  8. islandantoinette

islandantoinetteNew Member

Threads:
    Personally I quit using PayPal for shopping on Ebay years ago when I found out they were deducting money from my bank account for their own fees for transactrions. No more. I always now only use my debit or credit card. And I don't even like to put those online but when I call places you can hear them just keying in the numbers into their computer anyway .. . . . So??? Very little choice these days! Hard to really trust any companies when they control everything and the BANKS are the ones who stole everyone's 401 K's and all! No retribution for them either. They got away with it! I expect to see it happen again in the future as history repeats itself and the airlines keep filing bankruptcy over and over yet the CEO's pocket millions. Got to be wary I think.
    That's just my opinion.

9. islandantoinette

islandantoinetteNew Member

Threads:
    Is there a place in here where people can request a code for the business or product one is looking for? Thank you,
    Antoinette

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's quite unfortunate. Did you ask them why it had to be that way? Whenever I buy something I don't get any deductions because my account is just a personal starter account. Your account must be a business account since you get some deductions?

11. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't had any issues too even if I am dealing with different persons all over the world. I think that you should really verify your account in Paypal to ensure safe, secure and hassle free transactions. Back when my account was still unverified, I had a minor issue but was resolved right away after I called them.

12. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Like others I have never experienced a problem with my Paypal account. It is possible that this was a server glitch that caused the problem to happen. Lets face it websites aren't perfect they do have problems, even those like Paypal. Also, keep in mind that I have verified my account, and this does help the account where the system is concerned. This is something you should also consider doing. Don't worry about giving certain information over to Paypal, I did this years ago and never had a single issue because of it.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I haven't really considered verifying my Paypal account yet, since I only intend to use it for online purchases. I initially thought of only verifying it when I'm close to reaching the designated maximum amount of money that you can spend, but I think that it might help if I will verify it as soon as possible.

14. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am not too sure that verifing the account would have made a difference on this particular transaction or not but I do think it will help you out with future transactions. I have verified mine years ago and have never had any problems or issues with making purchases online from any site that accepts PayPal. One thing I did do was to set up a separate bank account for just PayPal. It usually only has about $50 in it. If I need more to buy something, I will only add what I need to make that purchase. That way if something every does happen to compromise my account, the most they will get is only $50.

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have only encountered this error once and that was because I had insufficient funds in my bank account and my bank blocked the transaction to Paypal. I've never had any problems with Paypal, I'm satisfied with the service.

16. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    I've actually never had any errors while trying to use paypal. Have you tried signing into just paypal without signing in through ebay for paying? Maybe there's an authorization issue.

17. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've never had any problems with paypal either, and I've been using it for a few years now. I've never used it with ebay though. It might be some kind of authorization issue.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, it also entered my mind that verifying my account would not really make a difference, because the payment easily gets through if I'm using an Android phone to pay if I buy stuff from Ebay. Well, I only intend to use my Paypal balance when I buy stuff online, because I read that if you use a debit card to pay then you will get charged some fees, but when you use your Paypal balance, then there are no fees at all.

I have also tried paying by directly signing in to Paypal and choosing the "Pay for Ebay items" option but it was still unsuccessful. Well, Paypal admitted that they can be quite strict in the reply that they sent me, but I really think that mine is caused by a glitch in their system.

19. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    PayPal is so irritating. The only reason I still use them is because eBay's payments go through them and I haven't found anyone else who's as widely accepted as PayPal is. They almost stole $700 from me, but I took care of that- fortunately. I've experienced errors when trying to pay with PayPal on a few sites, but it doesn't happen too often. If an error occurs, I'll just wait a little while before re-submitting payment to ensure I don't pay twice.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, $700, that's a lot of money. How did that happen? I have read a lot of complaints about Paypal freezing user's accounts, but they monopolize the payment processor market in the web, so we have no other choice but to use them.