Have you guys used Ccleaner?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by wowtgp • Oct 30, 2014.

1. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I asked for some advice regarding a free clean up software here. Some one suggested that I should be using Ccleaner as it's the best right now. I have to say that I am amazed as to how much the fee version does for you. It's really amazing. Have you ever tried it?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No I havent, since I use Wise Care 365. What does it offer that other pc programs don't have?

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've used Ccleaner in the past, but I prefer using a combination of MalawreBytes Anti-Malware and Advanced System Care 7/8. Most of these programs do what they're supposed to anyways, so it's not a huge issue. i prefer the paid versions of PC maintenance programs because they often have a lot of great extras worth paying for.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Ccleaner is pretty good, especially if you are constantly deleting and creating new files, or installing/uninstalling new programs, lots of disk space can be freed up using this application. However it does nothing in terms of truly protecting your computer against malware and viruses, make sure that you install a decent antivirus as well.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Hive used it and it does do what it advertises very well. I'm able to clean out caches and history as well as cookies with just a few clicks. You are right that it's an amazing tool for something that's free. I only use it on my windows laptop though as I've never really found it necessary on my mac, but it does very well on my other machines.

6. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I a puzzled when it comes to Antivirus. I am thinking about using a free version of a software, but they say that it's not of much use. Prop version of a software slows down your PC. So what should I do?

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    AVG's free version is a good anti-virus, I have been using it since 2006. Which anti-virus are you using now?

8. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never used cleaner till now but I think I should start using it after reading such great reviews about it. I use malware and hitman pro. I think together they make a great pair. I totally love the free version of it as it is quite useful. I am happy to use such great software.

9. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I have used CCleaner before, but I stopped using it after learning that it messes up with your registry. That may cause more harm than good if you're not sure what you're doing.

10. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using CCleaner for years now and I'm really happy with the program. It does thoroughly clean up the bad registry values and other junk files off your system. I got the program for free so i really can't complain. You should give it a shot, it's totally a great program.

11. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I did tried it before and it's pretty good. But I don't use it that much anymore, I just stick with the windows default disk cleaner since it's much safer at least. But the thing I like about Ccleaner is that it can remove some of the applications that go rouge on your computer and you can't uninstall them by default.

12. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I'm using it all the time. It's free and does the job properly, what's not to love? The tasks I usually use it for are registry scans or cleaning my browsers (they tend to clog after a while). CCleaner plus a few other free pieces of software like Avast Antivirus kept my computer safe and properly running for a good while now. I might donate some cash in the future, the developers deserve it.

13. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I did used it once when I'm trying to get rid of some adware that won't get uninstalled easily. It was quite a good software but I'm not really into some of these third party cleaning apps since most of them sometimes carry around in on itself adwares and all that crap and sometimes they mess up with the registry so bad that you have to really do something drastic.

14. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    MalwareBytes and CCleaner are two totally different programs. Cleaning your computer can mean many things, such as removing malware/adware/trojans, which MalwareBytes does, or it can simply mean removing temporary junk files and registry entries, which CCleaner does. CCleaner is not an anti-malware app at all, and Malwarebytes doesn't clean out your temporary internet files and other benign junk.

CCleaner is a solid program, and personally I trust it more than many of the other cleaner programs on the market. I also like how you can tell it to leave certain cookies alone. For example I have many forums I frequent, and I hate having to login into them all over again when I clean out my temporary internet files. So I can tell CCleaner to leave those be but clean everything else.

It's registry cleaner is also useful, and from what I've experienced, safe as well. Unlike some other programs such as Glary Utilities, which screwed up my registry pretty bad, and caused a lot of programs that I had installed to no longer show up in my Uninstall list when I want to remove one of them. Now I have to uninstall certain programs manually which is a pain in the butt.

15. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    All my computers have CCleaner. It is a very convenient and free tool to clean up a computer. I also have a portable one on my USB. I learned this from my brother who loves researching about utility tools. :) I even recommend this to everyone!

16. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    The paid version isn't worth it, just try and get the free version it does the exact same thing!

17. crazyman1090

crazyman1090Member

Threads:
    I use CCleaner very often. I have the free version, and it works perfectly fine. Even though it looks kind of sketchy upon installation, it's a really awesome program and has freed up quite a bit of disk space. It has never deleted anything I didn't want it to such as documents or game files. I probably have cleaned over 20 GB worth of data on my HDD from CCleaner.

18. enell

enellMember

Threads:
    I've been using for almost two years now, tho some may say that it lacks lots of advance features and such, still, in my opinion, it is better than any cleaning or speed booster software out there nowadays, even the full versions. As a user of Ccleaner through out windows XP and windows 7 and windows 8/8.1, I must admit and assure that, Ccleaner is the best free cleaning/boosting software I have ever used! For those who didn't use it yet, it's easy as 123, download it for free, easy and fast to use, and once you've done using it in few minutes, you will see a big difference in your system overall!!

19. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    My computer was running super slow. So I asked my Dad, the computer genuis what I should use. I was at college and couldn't just buy something to help. He suggested Ccleaner. I was concerned at first because it is a download off of the internet. Those always worry me because you honestly never know. I tried it once and it worked amazing. I was so shocked on how fast my computer worked right after that. I highly recommend it. It is a lifesaver for slow computers.

20. jabayn

jabaynNew Member

Threads:
    I have used Ccleaner on both the free and paid versions. I thought that the software pretty much did the same thing whether you paid for it or not. I would have to say that this is one of the most efficient and viable software that i have ever used. I think that it is really simple and straight to the point. You get the results of this program real instant. And if your computer is not functioning too well, it will do the trick for you.