Have you heard of Woot?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Izagar • Sep 23, 2013.

1. Izagar

IzagarNew Member

Threads:
    Woot.com is a website I found awhile ago that have special one day/few days sales on some big name products. My friend bought an HDPVR 2 66% off on Woot.com . Since then, I check the site on a daily basis for new deals.

Have you tried woot? And what do you think about it?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Woot.com is part of the Amazon.com family of sites. Their biggest event is when they have a "woot off" for a mystery bag of crap. Sometimes it really is junk, like farting keychains and Star Trek shot glasses.
    But sometimes people get something awesome in their mystery bag of crap, like a TV. These mystery bags sell out very quickly because everyone hopes to get something good in them.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    From what I know, Woot was better before Amazon bought them with the frequency of the woot offs, but I think it's supposedly more even in the daily deals because Amazon is backing them with their warehouse of goods.

4. saveraddict

saveraddictMember

Threads:
    Woot was great when it started. What these people basically did was get big quantities of stuff from wholesalers that were trying to unload them at huge discounts. OK, usually not the latest model, but they were new not used. Then because all they had was a website they could pass most of the huge discount to the buyers, and still make a buck. And they were always an item a day.

Now with Amazon I don't know. It seems we are getting Amazons rejects. And you can see that the popularity of the site has dropped considerably.

5. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I use to absolutely love woot.com.

I use to probably get a good few deals a month and the products never let me down or performed any less than I would expect. I do not use the website any more though, as the guy said above, I feel like Amazon are just shoving stuff that has been rejected from their own website on it.

It's a real shame, because 1-day deals are great if the product selection is varied with stuff that people actually want to buy!

6. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Someone from my wine group told me about woot a while back. He said they had really good deals on wine and we could get a few people together to make it worthwhile to buy. I checked it out, but I didn't find any amazing deals on wine so I never ordered anything. In fact, I asked to be removed from the email list not long ago. Someone else brought it up recently, but I'm not big on ordering wines I haven't already tasted.