Have you tasted Wendy's frosty? Did you like it?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sidney • May 18, 2013.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As for me, I really do. I have only tasted the chocolate flavor (they also have vanilla) and it tastes creamy and much better than the usual chocolate ice cream flavor out there. I suggest that you guys try it. But if you have already tried it, then did you like it or not?

2. Soliloquy

SoliloquyMember

Threads:
    Yes, I really like that chocolate malt flavor. Much better than McDonald's. I haven't tried any of the other flavors though!

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    It's alright. I've never really been a fan of chocolate or mocha flavor, but theirs is one of the best ones for that. I have forever been waiting for them to make a vanilla flavored one, but I guess that's not going to happen anytime soon. :D

4. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I have not tried it yet, but I will give it a try, just hearing you describe makes me want one right now! Sounds like it tastes like the ones from back when I was a kid, tomorrow me and the kids are going to get us one. I am for getting the chocolate one. I didn't even know Wendy's sold malts! Thanks for sharing!!;)

5. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    It's not my absolute favorite, but I do like it. I usually just get it when I'm craving ice cream, but don't wanna spend a lot of money. So I will just get the kid's size for less than a dollar.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @ DrRipley, so you mean they only have the chocolate flavor in your area? Here in the Philippines vanilla is already available here.

@ DorothyMoreno, sure no problem! I hope you and your kids will like it.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't had one in years, if not decades. But I do remember one time mixing up some neopolitan ice cream all together, and realizing it tasted just like a Wendy's frosty. I'm not quite sure what the actual flavor of them is supposed to be, but they taste like there's more than just chocolate in them.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to love them ages ago.. they were the only ice cream I would eat outside of the home aside from DQ blizzards. BTW.. there are recipes everywhere for both of these treats, maybe worth a shot? Especially for those of you who are waiting for vanilla.

9. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I used to get them all the time. My kids like them on a hot day, especially with a coupon!!!

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know they had another flavor besides for chocolate. I've avoided wendy's frosties for years because I'm not a fan of chocolate ice cream. I guess I'll have to check out the vanilla.

11. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    I have not yet tried it out but seems like something interesting....

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do like the Wendy's Frosty, especially around Halloween when they have the kids' coupon books that you can buy for $1. Even though I give most of the Frosty coupons to trick or treaters, I keep a few for my daughter and I. The coupon books have 10 free Frosty coupons for $1 and they're the kid sized ones.

13. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I have only really bothered with the vanilla rather than the chocolate. I don't like the chocolate because it tastes chalky, but the vanilla is perfect and I love getting one whenever possible. It's creamy and sweet and it has a lovely not of butter.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really? I have low expectations for vanilla, since they taste quite plain to me. But since you said that they taste good, then I'm now looking forward to try the vanilla one.

15. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    If you get them fairly often then you should ask about this little promotion item they have. It's a little thing you attach to your keychain and it lets you have a free frosty per day (purchase might be necessary).

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So I need to have a keychain to be able to avail of this promotion? I don't mind buying another Wendy's item to be able to get their free frosty. What is it that they attach to your keychain anyway? Is it like a sticker or something?

17. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I love Wendy's Frosty"s. I have to have one every time I go. I always order a chocolate Frosty. I have never tried the Vanilla. The vanilla is actually my son's favorite frosty. The Frosty's are so thick, they are just like eating ice cream. The Frosty's at Wendy's are a great treat during the summer.

18. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    There was a chocolate one? I only tried vanilla and loved it, even thought i ain't that much of a fan of vanilla. Damn, i will need to go back for that chocolate one, it must be delicious.

19. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I used to eat one few years back. I like the chocolate flavor. Since we moved to a new place and wendys is a bit far from us. I did not have time to go. The last time was last year. Now that i saw this post I'll try to have one this weekend.:D

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I must note that their chocolate frosty tastes really different from the usual chocolate ice cream that we eat. I wonder what's their secret concoction. I'll try to imitate it. Even if I order the biggest size of their frosty, I can't seem to get enough of it.