Have you tried buying seeds on eBay?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by chiofthenorns • Oct 3, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I purchased some seeds from eBay, but they still haven't arrived. I bought those because they were cheap (around 0.99 USD each) and the shipping was free. I am worried that I was scammed because it still isn't here. Has anyone tried buying seeds online before? How was the experience?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Although I have never bought seeds off of eBay, I would not doubt that they are good for use. Most eBay sellers are very concerned with their rating and so send high quality items - unless of course they have stipulated that they will not be responsible in anyway for the quality of the product. I never buy from someone who basically tells me they can send me bad stuff and there is nothing they will do about it. I have however, gotten seeds through the mail direct form the company. And these have worked and been very cost effective. I hope your seeds come soon. Maybe try writing the seller and telling them. I had that happen once and they immediately sent the product again. When the original product arrived (it was very late - it came after the second one), they allowed me to keep both items for the cost of one if I was willing to type in a good review. Which I was, because despite the delay their customer service was excellent.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree. Most Ebay sellers try to sell good products but with seeds I don't think they'll offer any guarantees. As long as they provide proof that the seeds arrived, everything else is up to you. Even with seeds from a legit source, sometimes the way the person who buys them plants them, they won't germinate so most companies will never refund cash or provide replacements.

To avoid all the waiting you should buy seeds locally so that in case they don't germinate, you can get replacements fast.