Have you tried Jamaican cuisine?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by TPhoenix • Mar 7, 2014.

1. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Jamaican cuisine is some of the greatest, tastiest, well seasoned food in the world. I have Jamaican parents that I grew up around that prepare all the sweetest culinary pots, such as rice and peas, jerk chicken, jerk pork, oxtail, curry goat, you name it. Have you ever tried Jamaican cuisine any time in your life whether by visiting a restaurant or making this type of food at home?

#1Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  2. klieny

klienyNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I definitely have, especially when I visit my grandparents in Jamaica. I just can cook it though, I tried and tasted a whole lot different from how it's supposed to taste. One thing I always try to bring back are those beef patties.

3. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    I am Jamaican, so YES! It is the best food on earth hands down!! The way it is seasoned is what set it apart form the other foods! Jerk chicken, jerk pork, Oxtail, curry goat are just some of my favorites and they all go well with Rice and Peas :')

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say I have tried the Jerk Chicken and I loved it . I have not tried the jerk pork or oxtail as mentioned by Scottie but I thing in gonna try the pork. Not a big fan of the oxtails. But yes I think that Jamaican food is really good and I love the seasoning.

5. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I agree, definitely some of the best food on earth. Few of my favourites are: Curried goat and roti, fried dumplings, jerk chicken, Saturday soup. All smothered in Econa hot pepper sauce.

6. RaidAurora

RaidAuroraMember

Threads:
    Oh god yes. Jamaican cuisine is the best. I love anything that uses seafood in a creative way, and jambalaya and related dishes are certainly creative. And spicy. And delicious.

7. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried it once it was one great experience. Sincerely I did not expect it to be that great but to my surprise it was way better. I would recommend it to anyone who has not used before to try it out.