Have You Tried The Kitty Litter Facial?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by hayrake • Jan 16, 2015.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I heard about this some time ago and just ran across mention of it again. I have yet to try it, but I think I just might do it soon. I love clay masks and Diy, so it is right down my alley.

There are many links, I believe; but here is one:

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know, is this really a thing? I'm sure it might be, and it might effective, and kitty litter is fine if it's clean, but I don't know if I can do it. I might not be able to get past the fact that I have kitty litter on my face!

3. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Laughing with you as I had that same reaction the first time around when I heard of this. Yu-u-uk. What?! Who would put kitty litter on their face? And why?! But it is indeed "a thing". If you google it you will find quite a bit on it.

4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried this. Oh I have heard about it on some show on the cable network TLC called extreme cheapskates. According the woman on this show a kitty litter mask is just as effective as some of the more expensive spa mask. Yes, as if I would listen to someone on this program that has featured people who actually get food out of trash cans. Anyway, when I heard about this I thought, no thank you. I own five cats and they are outdoor cats so I don't have any need for Kitty Litter, well except maybe if I even domesticate my cats enough to have them indoors, then maybe I would have a need for it. But I certainly would never buy it to make a facial out of it.

5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my God, even if the litter is fresh and unused, it still sounds gross. o_O I have two indoor cats, and I would never use my cat litter that way. Maybe if it was desperate times, but probably not even then.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh gawd, no. Clay is one thing, but what about the little rocks? (I didn't click on the link, I'm just assuming that's the kind of litter we're talking about). It's far too abrasive for skin and will only cause damage. Just because you can't see the damage immediately, doesn't mean it's not happening. You need very little to keep healthy skin.. tearing off it's layers isn't necessary. Just buy some clay, it's not expensive and won't rip you to shreds lol..

7. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    No I have never tried that and don't think it's my cut of tea. The Kitty Litter Facial sounds so funny to me but I guess there are some out there who use this. When I think of a facial I just don't think of putting kitty litter on my face but I would put mud on my face though. Yes I'm up for trying something new and I guess I could use kitty litter as long as it is very clean and safe for humans to use.

8. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    S
    Sounds funny to me, too; but when you read about it, it begins to make more sense. It's just "a thing" to try and laugh about, mostly.

9. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I read the article, and I can see that it would probably be okay as long as you are sure to get the kitty litter that has no extra additives or scent added to it.
    Even so, I think that just the idea that it is a bag that is intended to be used in a cat box, is just the wrong image for something that I would put on my face, so I think that I will stick with the yogurt mask.
    My ground here is all clay, but red clay, not bentonite clay. I wonder if that would work, or if I would turn red afterwards ?

10. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    Just the thought of using kitty litter on your face seems so unsanitary to me. I am sure it works because of the clay, but seriously? cat litter? I remember I saw this show on TV where the spa had little fish that nibbled away the dead skin on your body. It never fails to amaze me the gross stuff people will do for beauty.

11. saastil

saastilNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah... I would never. Primarily because factories that manufacture kitty litter are not graded to manufacture skin-safe products. Plus, bentonite clay is super cheap on a lot of websites (amazon, brambleberry, moutain sage, etc) and it's definitely safe for your skin.