Have You Updated To iOS 8?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by DrRipley • Oct 12, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been ignoring iOS 8 but recently I've been seeing more and more apps only usable with this new version, so I'm thinking of giving in and updating. The thing is that I don't really need all the extra features and am still satisfied with this older one on my iPad4. I've also heard reports that the battery life wasn't as good with the new OS and not to mention I'm worried it might slow down my device. Anyone here who has already updated to ios8? How are you finding it and do you find the negative reports about it such as a shorter battery life to be accurate?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't notice a difference in battery life. I always find that the battery sucks anyway so it's hard to tell. IOS 8 doesn't seem bad. I like the predictive typing feature, though on occasion it does get annoying but that's how spell check is in general.

3. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I can't update to the newer iOS version because my phone is so old but when I get my new one, I will be updating to the iOS 8. I've lost many apps because they've moved to the 8 version and I want them back. I'm missing out on some money to be made.

4. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I'm always wary about new iOS releases because I have an Iphone 4S. Any of the new updates could potentially slow down my phone and I make it a point to read reviews of the performance the 4S has with new versions. Aside from this, Apple has always released slightly buggy first revisions of their iOS, so I wait until they fix most of the bugs and then update.

5. La.Oui

La.OuiNew Member

Threads:
    The primary reason why I haven't been able to update my iPad to IOS 8 is because I don't have the patience to wait for it finish and I keep forgetting to update it overnight while I'm not using. But I'm quite thankful that I haven't yet. My brother just upgraded his and is experiencing lag especially on social networking and photography apps. That's basically what I use my iPad for so there's a big no-thanks for me there.

6. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use an Iphone.
    I just came here to see the answers, because I had just read that, like you, most people haven't really taken the time to update.
    It seems like the iOS 8 is kind of a flop...

I'm a Samsung guy myself.

7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A lot of people haven't switched over to iOS 8 yet, but it does offer some useful improvements and features. It's probably smarter to wait until the kinks are ironed out, though. Fortunately, the gaffe from the original release has been corrected, and users probably won't see problems that bad moving forward. Millions will switch to iOS 8, but we're going to see a slower adoption rate than in the past with other versions.

8. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    I updated on my old phone, but luckily on my new iPhone, I have not yet updated to IOS 8. I know I will have to eventually, but I really have not enjoyed IOS 8 whatsoever. It makes everything run slow, it adds completely unnecessary features to the phone, it makes the battery life instantly go down, and it just makes for a miserable experience all together. The only upside that I saw was that there were much more apps that you could use and choose from.

9. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    I am just curious, because you are a seemingly self proclaimed Samsung person, do you think that it is completely worth it to switch from an iPhone to a Samsung phone? Is the phone a high quality phone that you would honestly recommend to everybody else?

10. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I have to update set to automatic so it does it whenever. I used to be able to view PBS Downton Abbey series without any trouble, now it is lagging, stop, and goes blank. It is annoying as heck now since I only get to watch this show at bed time.