Have You Watched The Movie "unbroken"?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by dyanmarie25 • Feb 22, 2015.

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I just recently saw "Unbroken" which was directed by Angelina Jolie, and I must say it's truly amazing. I haven't cried that hard for a long time now, and that film just broke my heart into pieces. The drama film is based on USA Olympian and athlete Louis Zamperini's life who was also a World War II survivor. I love the powerful message the film portrayed, it's about perseverance and forgiveness.

If you haven't watched it yet, I am encouraging you to do so now. It's totally worth it.

2. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't watched it yet but I'm totally going to watch it now. I've always loved biopics but the recently, the ones that have come out were pretty much Oscar bait, and some didn't even deserve the merit they got. It's got a decent rating on Imdb anyway, so it must be good.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mainly want to see it because Japanese rock star Miyavi plays the evil Japanese prison guard. I remember seeing the trailer and thinking "Is that Miyavi, the guitar samurai .....in a military uniform?" He looks different without makeup and lip rings.
    I don't actually care about the rest of the cast or remember who else is in the movie.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have set my sights on that movie because of the Oscars (I'm a sucker for award-winning films) but right now, my desire to laugh and feel romantic is stronger than my need to watch a real historical event brought to life on screen. At the height of World War II, my country suffered terribly under the hands of Hirohito's army and so many women were forced to take up the role of "comfort women" for passion-starved Japanese men. I'm afraid I'll have to recall many unsavory images when watching Unbroken. After I lose this extreme sensitivity, I'd dare to watch that movie.