Hayfever

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Theo • Jun 3, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's the season for hayfever and I always thought you either had it or didn't. Apparently you can develop it. I don't like taking any tablets, and now there are other remedies like balms that you can apply to your nose. Has anyone tried them?

My mom prevents hayfever as much as possible and wear a hat and glasses so she doesn't pick up pollen. I never had hayfever before, but I feel I am more sensitive to pollen than before now.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to suffer with very bad hayfever, but luckily I don't anymore. I visited a pharmacy when none of the over the counter remedies failed to work at one point. The pharmacist recommended a once a day nasal spray and some eye drops and they worked like magic. I think I only used them for 2 years and then I didn't need to use anything thereafter. It's been a while now since I had an attack, touch wood it remains like that.

3. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    A nasal spray definitely helps, as it would constrict nasal vessels and provide relief by widening the nasal passage. Antihistamines are useful in hay fever and every pill need not be detested. Anti-histamines are mostly safe and are sold over-the-counter. Consuming locally made honey would improve your resistance to pollens and hay fever.

4. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    You've never had hay fever before? It's possible you might not have it again. Or that you might not have it as bad again. Sometimes we just have a season where for one reason or another our bodies just don't seem to fight things as well as usual. Have you been stressed or dealt with any other illnesses out of the ordinary? Or possibly have you moved recently to a new location where your body hasn't yet had time to adjust to the new surroundings? I know one year I moved to a place where there were a lot of dogwood trees and when those suckers bloomed I was seriously ill for a week. The next year I wasn't bothered at all.