Headphone Recomendations?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by leighdu • May 12, 2012.

1. leighdu

leighduNew Member

Threads:
    Hi Everyone,

So my headphones were crushed the other day, and I need some new ones. I loved my old pair but I can't seem to find the same set anymore. Does anyone have good recommendations? I definitely don't want earbuds, and I use my headphones usually while working (not for working out, jogging, etc.) so the size isn't that important to me. I just want a set that sounds great but at the same time not too pricey. Bose is probably a bit too much right now, but I also don't want an off brand as I hear they don't last long. Thanks in advance :).

2. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    How much budget are you working on?
    I personally suggest looking at either Philips or Sennheiser, I am sure there is a model that would fit your taste, they are a little bit pricey thou.

3. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    There are some in BestBuy or Walmart that I always get. Wait I'm looking for them now. Okay they have colored outsides and they say Sony. They are not earbuds and they cost around 21 dollars.

4. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    You say you need some headphones that aren't pricey, but you didn't really specify an actual price range. For me, cheap would be below $100, but that's probably different for you. Give us a price you're roughly looking for some headphones for.

5. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    Thanks for pointing that out,cheap os a very relative word.

6. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    Not sure what your price range is, but the Koss Porta Pro headphones get good reviews on CNet. They are in the "budget" category and run between $30 and $40 on Amazon. I bought some of these for my teenaged daughter who has never been able to keep a pair of earbuds working for long. I don't think she has been particularly careful with them, and she is still using them a year later. She thinks they are comfortable, have a good sound, and she likes the "retro" style. I don't know how they would compare to the super expensive headphones out there. Hope that helps!

7. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    Bose aren't quality. They're cheap and nasty.

Look for reputable brands only, such as Sennheiser, Shure, Grado, Denon, AKG, Etymotic or Audio-Technica. They might be a bit more pricey, but then again, there is absolutely NO point in buying cheap rubbish headphones and replacing them over and over again with other rubbish gimmicks.

8. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:

exactly sir!
    Invest in quality products and do not buy cheap ones that you need to replace every 2-3 months.
    my vote goes to sennheiser!

9. GGGuardian

GGGuardianMember

Threads:
    I recommend a pair of Beats by Dre. Those headphones bring the quality of sound to a whole new level. You can't even complain about the pricing you really do get what you pay for the headphones are really awesome (In my opinion of course). I've had mine for around a year now. A pair of the Red edition Beat by Dre's and they still work perfectly and everything after multiple droppings and sittings on them. I highly recommend you take these headphones into consideration.