Headphones or earbuds

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Strykstar • Oct 3, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Do you prefer wearing big headphones or earbuds throughout the day?
    In my commute I always wear earbuds, I know that headphones have a higher quality and are more comfortable, but they really mess with my hair, leaving me with a huge dent across my head...

2. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to go with ear buds. Headphones require a bit more size to equal the dynamic of ear buds. With the buds they are easier to transport and you don't lose quality. Earphones in the earbud size don't pack the same punch as the buds. The bass also sounds much better in the buds.

3. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer earbuds especially the in-ear ones. I think that headphones are too chunky. I see many people walking around wearing headphones, and I am sorry, but I think that they are too silly.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also prefer to use earphones because it's more light and it's not bulky. I guess headphones are ok to use if you are just at home, but if you are mobile then good luck with that. I see people using them in public, and it seems that they don't mind carrying something bulky on their necks and heads.

5. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I also prefer earbuds. I find using headphones to be really messy and not so convenient because first of all, it's so huge. Even if you can fold it and it has it's own case it still takes so much space that you need to actually make room for it in your bag.

Another thing is, I have a fairly bushy hair that doesn't stick flat to my scalp so if I wear one of these for a long time it will leave this funny and awkward dent.

6. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer earphones as well. They are much more comfortable (for me at least) and they can be easily transported. I don't have room in my bag for headphones on the bus, and I usually just keep them for at home use.

I remember using headphones on the bus for my cd player. I never had room in my backpack for my headphones, and I actually broke a pair once. It fell to the floor and some kid stepped on it - broke right in the middle.

I find that earphones just fit better for me, and I have specific ones that are designed for "smaller ears", so they give me good sound and comfort. I don't have to worry about them falling out and they tend to block other sounds out.

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I wish they would go back to making street style headphones. They were the ones that went behind your neck and only had popularity for about five years, it seems. Those were the best and if they ever made really high quality ones, I'd go back to that in a heartbeat. Until then, I am stuck with earbuds as headphones would mess up my hair.

8. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I wear earbuds because they're small and I can carry them around easily. I have bigger headphones but I don't use them much anymore because I don't want to carry them around. If I have earbuds in for long periods of time my ears feel sore so if I'm working at a desk I'll use the big ones.

9. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer earbuds, they're smaller and to me they're a lot more comfortable. I find that the majority of headphone styles end up irritating me after a while- they just don't feel right on my ears or mess with my hair a ton. I'll just stick with the earbuds ;).

10. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer earbuds, as I have long hair and it always get tangled. If I was at home with some good headphones that block out all sound they can be great, but that would be some real alone time and without having to take them on and off. That's the inconvenience with long hair to get them comfortable.

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to think that too. But they are not the chunky ones. They are snug and will adjust nicely to your head. I even use them when I cannot be bothered to style my hair. I will just slip on my red headphones, and it makes a quiff sort of thing out of my hair. It looks absolutely amazing if done right, and it doesn't matter if it rains or if it is windy - my hair stays in place thanks to the headphones.

12. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear them through out the day but only when driving. And I only use one earbud at a time becuase i still wanna hear what is going on around. I might not hear cabs horning. I use to use both earbud but ever since the incident where I was walking beside the road, I didn't do anything but walk enjoying the music while two dirtbikes almost crash right on to me.

13. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I prefer to use earbuds when I am in public places, so that I don't stand out as much as well as they are less obtrusive and easier to take off if I need to talk to other people. However, I do use headphones when I am at a more private place as my headphones offer much better quality audio, as well as they do leak quite a bit of sound, so they aren't suited for public use.

14. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    If I'm at home, I listen to music on my headphones, since it sounds better. If I'm out and about, I use my earbuds, since they are more comfortable. I have no problem sacrificing quality for being more comfortable. If my earbuds aren't working, I just won't listen to music when I'm out.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You are crazy. Lol. There is no way I am giving up music just because one pair of technology are not working. I use my other pair. If I want to hear music, I want to hear music. I don't care what other people have to say about how I look with my headphones on. Most people have their own lives going on anyway, and couldn't care less about what I am doing.

16. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Earbuds when I travel and headphones when I'm in the comfort of my home is what I use. Headphones have better sound quality but miss practicality when on the road, they're too bulky - earbuds are less noticeable so they're perfect for work commute and easier to carry. But if you still want to wear headphones when outside there are some models that are slimmer with good balance between sound quality and size.

17. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    You hit in on the head I think. I wear headphones when I'm home as the sound quality is always better, but they are not nearly as convenient as earbuds when travelling or working out. An issue for me though is I can't wear earbuds for long or they start to hurt my ears and I haven't had the money to go get the custom fitted ones that they make. So I wear headphones when I can, and earbuds when I absolutely have to.

18. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a preference for built because the only thing I'm after is the sound quality. If it sounds good then it's going on my ears. But I personally prefer ear buds, especially the in ear ones because they tend to block out the outside sounds and leave you with your music and some deep bass.

19. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer big headphones, especially when I have to go on long distance travels on the bus or plane. I like to completely block out my surrounding world and sink into the world of my big cushioned headphones. It's a wonderful escape. I don't just listen to music, but also to audio books, educational and meditational material. Currently, I am learning a new language and enjoy receiving my lessons through my headphones wherever I can.

20. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer headphones as much as possible because I just like the way they look in general, and also I find them a bit more comfortable than sticking something in your ear holes, not to mention it's probably a bit more sanitary. Though I have to agree that earphones are a lot easier to travel with, but even then I would rather just have headphones hanging around my neck when not in use instead of having to worry about where my earbuds go every time I take them off.