Headphones

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by JosieP • Jan 22, 2014.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a good pair of headphones? I don't want to spend too much; I've bought expensive headphones that ended up being the worst I ever had, so I'd prefer to keep it low and tried and true. I do not like buds.. at.all. I've never had a pair that didn't hurt. Even if you know a pair that would fit comfortably, they gross me out.. so just no lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

2. DomDom

DomDomNew Member

Threads:
    I presume you need headphones for music quality ? If so I think the Sennheiser 201 HD will be a perfect fit. Costs around 30$, has great quality and is easy on the ears. Also Sennheiser is a very reputable brand so you know you are getting quality!

Unless you need them for something other than music ?

3. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say I purchased some Dr, Dre beat headphones for my sons for Christmas, and I have to say they were expensive but they sound like an indoor studio. If your not looking for something so expensive I recommend some brand headphones from radio shack not sure of the brand but, In my area they have where you can listen and test them in sound booth.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks guys! I'm just looking for general use. I seem to end up with a really tinny sound; some worse than others. Music is the least I would use them for, but yes that too. I watch a lot of lectures and videos on many different topics.. nothing that needs amazing quality, it would just be nice to get rid of the tin can effect lol.

5. freebie-franco

freebie-francoNew Member

Threads:
    Even though they're a little more expensive, Beats by Dre are by far the best! You can find them discounted on websites like Amazon and Ebay.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From my experience, you can't go wrong with Sony or Philips. They are reasonably priced and they're quite durable. My Sony earphones lasted for 6 years with regular use, and it would have lasted longer if it wasn't damaged intentionally! So I'm sure their headphones would be durable too.

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I'll also throw my hat into the corner of Dr Dre's headphones, yes the are expensive, but you have to pay money if you want good quality headphones and the price is coming down all the time.

8. MelissaEwan9

MelissaEwan9New Member

Threads:
    I have zultra sound's headphone, and want to distribute it. any one interested to get free headphone ?

9. DanielFull

DanielFullNew Member

Threads:
    Get a pair of ATH-M50s. They have accurate sound reproduction and are extremely good bang for your buck. IMO Beats by Dr Dre are overpriced and have a inaccurate sound reproduction (too much bass) but if you listen to bass heavy songs, they won't be too bad.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree - Sony and Phillips are really inexpensive and pretty durable. I would add Samsung to that list as well. I find that I have paid a lot of money for fancier headphones that broke really fast, while my dirty cheap Phillips ones are still as good as they were the day I got them 2 years ago! I will always go for the cheaper ones in the store, they are simple and serve me perfectly for what I need.

11. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Avoid Technovation at all costs. They cost £1.99 and really are a reflection of their price. The sound quality is awful, the only thing at all I have positive to say about them is that they at least have had a semi decent lifespan so far. I've bought £1 headphones before than have broken in 1-2 days, but these are still going strong after 3 weeks now.

12. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    This guy knows what he's talking about, I have a pair and love mine. In terms of audio quality however the most important thing is more your source than the actual equipment. So for example if you have a really poor quality dodgy MP3 it doesn't matter how good your headphones/earphones are, if you're using an ancient computer without a sound card/decent motherboard it might be a good idea to pick up an external DAC for cheap too! Good luck!

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Great! Thanks everyone for your input. I'll be looking into all of these when I get a moment. And orz, you're absolutely correct. I'm all good here and don't expect my headphones to change the quality of the media. Thanks for your 2 cents as well :)

14. mameeker@cuse

mameeker@cuseNew Member

Threads:
    I would suggest a pair of HD Sol Republics. All of the sound of beats without the price.

15. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I think that Dr. Dre is a talented guy... and yes the Beats By Dre headphones are pretty good quality... BUT having said that, I do not recommend those headphones. They are extremely overpriced mainly because they know that people will buy them just to feel that they are included in a "niche" part of society. Most people I see that have those headphones, don't even wear them on their ears.. but rather around their necks as an accessory :confused: ok ok I'll end my rant

I would absolutely recommend the Audio Technica ATH-M50s though! They are a great brand that makes all sorts of great audio equipment and their headphones are no exception. They are usually priced right around 100$ and they are actually comfortable. You can wear them without making indents on the side of your head and without feeling like your head is being squeezed. Check out some reviews! They're awesome!

16. sidd230

sidd230Member

Threads:
    Just get the Sennheiser which fits your budget. Can't go wrong with them. Don't fall for Beats, SkullKandy etc.

17. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I had 201 HDs and was happy with them. They just seemed solid and would be good for general use. They are comfortable and lightweight too. You can probably find them for $25 or less.

18. eg0mez

eg0mezMember

Threads:
    I would buy skullcandy's they are of good quality and not that expensive depending on the model you get. My friend had some and they were the best the bass was so loud it made your ears shake. Also you can get the earbuds which are exceptionally good.
    Skullcandy's have been there since the beginning of me listening to music, ahh good times. :cool: