Heat protector for your hair. Are you using it?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by irishways • May 19, 2014.

1. irishways

irishwaysNew Member

Threads:
    I find some people take more care of their clothes than there hair. The cheapest heat protector are always better than none, but yet in the salon I find a lot of clients don't use it when straightening and even less when blow-drying. In the long run you will spend more on conditioners and treatments, as well as damaging your hair.
    Do you use heat protector for straightening or blow-drying? Do you have any natural alternatives? Have you suffered with dry, or damaged hair?

2. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I do use a heat protector, but I find that it only helps to a certain extent. My hair always dries out eventually and breaks. I use this Brazilian keratin protector stuff by Organix. It smells delicious and seems to help when I straighten my hair. I never blow-dry my hair, so I guess that helps a little. but I agree that people need to at least use SOMETHING to try to protect their strands from heat damage.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't know anybody who does. This is the first time that I've heard about it. I didn't know that there is such. But since I've known it, I'll suggest it to those I know who frequently have their hairdo. Protection and damage prevention are always a must.

4. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I apply a lot of heat to my hair to keep it straight. It is naturally curly and I enjoy the sleek look. I have to use heat protector on my hair and make sure I condition it well. If not, my hair would just break and fall out.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes!! I have one by Chi that I adore, and also Tresemme has a great spray heat protector that is GREAT! It's one with a black and red container, every beauty expert talks about it. I highly recommend it. Got to Be also has good protectors. I always use them if I'm using heat.. and even when I don't, cause I never know when I'll want to curl or lat iron my hair before it dries. If it looks good natural I'll leave it, but if my hair decided to act up I'l use heat to style. SO I got a habit of always using heat protectors no matter what.