Heavy rain

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Gelsemium • Nov 11, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So here's a quick tip to avoid doing dumb things like I did yesterday. It was raining cats and dogs and I opened a window just for a few minutes to watch it directly, somehow the water started to enter and I caused a mini-flood...! How dumb could I be! Either cases, watch out, don't do the same mistake as me...

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't tell me you didn't immediately close the window when the rain starts to trickle on your clothes and body to the point that it caused a mini-flood? Lol. What were you thinking? You got amused and carried away perhaps?

3. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    I end up doing that a lot so don't feel bad. My toddler loves to watch the rain its the only time I have ever seen her be still and watch anything. I usually will open up the door so she can sit in the door way and watch it. Sometimes the rain is going down heavier then I think it is and there is a little puddle of water in our entrance way.

4. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I think you should always keep your windows and doors shut when it is raining so heavily. I think it is also advisable to close the doors and windows when you are about to go out during the rainy season. I think even the doors get rusted due to the rain.

5. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yep, but the rain hasn't stopped and the water continues to enter. Not a huge flood, but some water, what is annoying and I am failing to understand why that is happening. I have removed the window looking for holes or something like that, but I've seen nothing...

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    The rain hasn't hit me yet. The clouds are looming and it is very dark here, but still not a drop of water. I am in California and we are in a drought. We could take all of that extra rain you have!

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I would probably do that, if our area wasn't so prone to heavy winds along with rain. I do love the rain though, but instead of causing a mini flood in my apartment, I just settle for going outside and getting a bit soaked, if I really need some direct rain time ;).

8. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I love the smell of rain, I will check the wind direction and then decide which window is safe to open so the rain doesn't blow in.

9. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    Maybe you always like to watch the rain fall? Because I do. I always like to watch the raindrops falling because I think it's just beautiful but if it's raining way too hard, maybe it's not a good idea to go sight-seeing in the rain. You don't want that mini-flood to escalate, do you? Or maybe you can just watch the rain through your window or something.

10. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I have done this before when I have opened the window and a lot of rain has come in. Rain usually falls at a slight angle so if it aligns with your window problems can ensue. Luckily it was only for a few moments so there was no real issue :)

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, that's not really dumb. I think it's normal. Even I do that sometimes under the assumption that the rain isn't strong enough to enter our house. Of course, when it suddenly increases its strength, I have no choice but to close the window. If I fail to notice it's already strengthened, then my things will be done for. The problem with closing the window is that heat gathers in your home. I particularly dislike turning on the fan while it's raining as I feel the need to capitalize on the cold weather.

12. Gelsemium

Threads:
    After all and after some heavy rains I discovered that the place where the water is suppose to go was stuck with dirt that is why the water was entering my place. Finally I cleaned it an I am having a dry house lol, also the sun is shining for some days now. :)