Help! Inspirational Songs needed.

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by H.C. Heartland • Jan 9, 2015.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Recently, a friend of mine went through a very sad legal separation. It has left this person devastated even though they have been freed from an abusive situation. While this is very serious, I was wanting to give my friend a montage to lift her spirits. Do you have a list of 'go to' inspirational songs I could use? I'm thinking of things that are inspiring but light hearted. It is hard to know what is appropriate though because my friend is in a very solemn state of mind. Any advice?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I won't say these are the best inspirational songs but they helped me a little when I was going through a bad time:

We Carry On - Tim McGraw

Stronger - Kelly Clarkson.

Don't Worry, Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin.

Not Afraid - Eminem

Christmas Shoes - New Song.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I listen to inspirational songs to pick me up. Here are some of mine so pick what maybe appropriate;

Gloria Gaynor- I will survive and I am what I am

Frank Sinatra- My Way

Bette Middler- From a Distance

Diana Ross-My Turn

Frankie Laine- I Believe

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lighthearted is a vague word. Nevertheless, you may want to consider the following songs and share them with your friend to ease the heavy feeling:

* Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On
    * Beyonce - Listen
    * Bridgit Mendler - Hurricane
    * Bastille - Pompeii
    * American Authors - Best Day of My Life

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think your intentions of helping your friend with music are really beautiful. I'd like to have a friend like you. :)
    From my personal experience, I would suggest some calming classical music. Chopin might be in order. I felt very depressed and lost for quite some time, and I didn't want to hear anything about anything or anyone. I just wanted peace and tranquility, and the possibility to sink into my day dreams with gentle classical tunes in the background.

6. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Does he need inspirational or songs that will help him move on, including sad songs? Oh well, here's my list:

For inspirational songs I present these songs: "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor [fitting name eh?], "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen, "The Roof is Leaking" by Phil Collins, "That's All" by Genesis, and "I Hate Everything About You" Three Days Grace.

For acceptance but sad songs I present these: "Wicked Games" by Chris Isaak, "Always" Bon Jovi, "Set Fire to the Rain" Adele, and "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The first song that came to mind when I was reading your post was Don Moen's song "God Will Make A Way". My late mom used to play that song over and over, and she was listening to a casette tape back then. The hassle of rewinding! The song "Survivor" by Destiny's Child, "Fighter" and "Can't Hold Us Down" by Christina Aguilera also comes to mind as inspirational songs.

8. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you! These are all so wonderful! I'm building a board on Pinterest and putting all the videos of these songs I can find on Youtube there for my friend. I'll make it a secret board. We don't live in the same country so it is the best way I can think of making her a 'mix tape'. I didn't know that song Bastille, but am listening to it now and it really is inspiring! There are a few others on the list I don't know either, I can't wait to listen to them.

9. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I can list a few songs that can get you through a lot.

Some songs are:

01) Resolution by Matt Corby
    02) The Unknown by Athlete
    03) Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons
    04) In the Mourning by Paramore
    05) Shake it Out by Florence + The Machine
    06) Cough Syrup by Young the Giant
    07) The Letter that Never Came by Thomas Newman
    08) Running by Evermore

I used to make mixtapes in the past. These songs are all about life and moving on. I hope you enjoy them!