heritage hotel in shimla

Discussion in Travel started by Ashlee • Nov 26, 2014.

1. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Here I have a good news for all those travelers who are going to Shimla and they want to stay at any ancient or heritage hotel. Here I am sharing the names of those hotels which are not only worthwhile but they all have lovely services. I hope you guys will like them all.
    The Oberoi Cecil
    WelcomHeritage Woodville Palace
    Sanjivs Aira Holme Retreat
    Madankunj

2. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Ashlee, your shared list about hotels is great. Here I want to tell you I also have good experience of WelcomHeritage Woodville Palace. It is one of the best places to stay there. This hotel is also one of the oldest hotels of this region. This palace was announced as a hotel in 1977. We can see the rich blend of history in this building.

3. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah it is no doubt that the WelcomHeritage Woodville Palace is the loveliest accommodation of this region and people loves to stay there because of its good management. I also had a chance to stay there I found it very nice. It has the clean and the big room containing the all amenities. The location around it is also very appealing and fascinating.

4. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Ashlee, which places of Shimla you have been visited during your trip? Also tell me in which season of the year you like to go there? My favorite is winter.

5. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Maxwell! I know that Shimla offers the magnificent views during the winters and offers the various activities such as skiing but I love to visit there during the spring. According to me it is the time when we can see the blossoming flowers, melting snow from the mountains, vibrant colors of that season and the lush green trees. I love this time to go there.

During my trip i visited the Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex, The Mall, Shimla Glen, Himachal State Museum, Green Valley, Summer Hill, and the Shaily Peak.

6. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Ashlee ! Can you summarized about the Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex, Himachal State Museum and summer hill through your reply. I am interested to know about these attractions and listen your views about these spots and hope so, you will reply fast...:confused:

7. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    roki123, here I am talking about Himachal State Museum because I have been there during my Shimla trip. This museum was opened on January 26, 1974. Its notable collections are; ancient artistic, historical, archaeological and ethnological human works.

8. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Sure why not Roki123! The Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex is the awesome and the magnificent old building of Shimla. The manager of this place has great infromation abotu its history. If you want to explore the historical places so, must go there. I am sure you will definitely like it very much and manager will provide you the helpful detail.

9. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah you are absolutely right Ashlee. Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex is one of must see places of India. It is located at Mall road, shimla and know also included in UNESCO world heritage sites as well.roki123! If you are a history lover then must to go there. I am sure you will not be disappointed at all. I visited there once with my friends and the best of that complex is theater part..... :)

10. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with you Kylrey! The Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex is really a nice one structure located in India. Tell me something about your trip of Shimla? When did you visit it and how did you find it? I visited it several times in my life and have been there in almost all seasons. The most favorite time for me is the spring because in this season we will be able to see the fascinating sight and the lush green trees. Now tell me your opinion?

11. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Both above members have great information about Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex. It is also one of the best and well known attractions of this destination. This place is most visited by the the people due to its ideal location. It is located in the heart of Shimla. This five story building is consists on armoury, police office, ballroom, theater, bar and galleries.

12. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    It is looking like that all members have immense information about the Shimla and its surroundings. After reading the all post of this thread I decided to talk about the one alluring destination of India and that is Darjeeling. I visited it last year during my trip and I was astonished to see its breathtaking beauty and stunning sights. Guys tell me something about this town? Have you ever visited it?

13. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Darjeeling is also a nice region to see in India. It is a small but a beautiful hill town of this country. You can enjoy there Kanchenjunga peaks and scenic views. It is also one of the most visited destinations of West Bengal. It becomes a popular holiday destination due to its; scenic beauty and pleasant climate.

14. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Maxwell! It seems like that you have spent a great time there in Darjeeling. Here I would love to mention the names of its most famous attractions. I hope you will like them.
    Sandakphu
    Kanchenjunga Mountain
    Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park
    Mahakal Temple
    Batasia Loop
    Everest Museum
    Tiger Hill
    Lava
    Neora National Park

15. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Kanchenjunga Mountain is one of world’s largest mountain and a famous and captivating attraction of Darjeeling. That is one of an idol destination for adventure lovers. Climbing, hiking are best activities to have a great fun of that spot. If you are planning a trip of Darjeeling then don't forget to visit there. Here i am going to share some of the images of that place. I am sure you will like them or these images would be helpful for you for having an estimate about that place.

Kangchenjunga%2004%2007%20Kangchenjunga%20North%20Face%20From%20Above%20Pangpema.JPG

1107_1.

Kanchenjunga2_-2_fused-B.

mount-kanchenjunga-medium.

_56533219_013288894-1.

16. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    I am grateful to you Kylrey, Ashlee and Maxwell that all of you have given sufficient information about shimla and increase my information. I would like to explore these places during my next tour of India and I hope I will enjoy the good time there.

17. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Kylrey! You have shared the immense and informative post about the Kanchenjunga Mountain. The all images that you shared are also very captivating and mesmerizing. I am sure after seeing them anyone can change his mind to explore that pretty and magnificent place.
    I am hopeful that you will spend a great time there. Have a safe journey.

18. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    I only visited Tiger Hill from your mentioned places. It is located in the Darjeeling and most visited attractions of this region. We can enjoy the panoramic view of Mount Everest and Mt. Kangchenjunga from this hill. Senchal Wildlife Sanctuary is also a nice place to see during Tiger Hill's tour. It is an ideal place for picnic and wildlife livers.

19. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Mawwell! You should visit the other places of this region and I am sure you will definitely like them. Here I am going to tell you about the Neora Valley National Park. It is the most imposing attraction of this region and attracts the lots of visitors. It is located in the Kalimpong subdivision and it was established in 1986. It as the magnificent flora and Fauna and there you can see the unique species of birds and animal. If you have interest in nature so, I think is an unparalleled place for you.

20. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    yeah absolutely right Ashlee! Neora Valley is one of most promising and captivating attraction for nature lovers. That park offers mesmerized, splendid views of it's natural charm, that fascinate them towards it. i also visited there during my India's tours. There a visitor could found some of best trails for hiking and biking experiences Moreover fabulous scenery of natural beauty, chirping of different sorts of birds and other animals wildlife views could be enjoyed there.