high chair or booster seat

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by melapie • Aug 17, 2012.

1. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I like the idea of a booster seat because it's portable and its very easy to store. It's a good thing we only bought a booster seat because it's way cheaper than a high chair. Turns out, we were only able to use it about 5 times. My son doesn't like to stay in one place while eating. He usually runs around the dining room when we eat, circling the table and just going back to get something from his plate when he finishes whatever was on his mouth. The booster seat had been put back on it's box for the past months. We're planning to give it to a cousin who recently gave birth. I'm still thinking of ways on how to get him to eat sitting down in one place. haha

2. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    We didn't use anything at all. My little ones just sat in my lap while they ate. I had a high chair with my first and it's was a wasted purchase.

3. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I had wanted to get a high chair. My mom kept saying they were better to have. However, we have a bar height table. So a high chair wouldn't work. I looked at the chairs that connected to the table but that seemed weird to me. We just have a booster seat that strapped onto one of our chairs. Our chairs do have backs to them, they are not stools like some bar tables come with. I find that has been the best option for us. My son sits right up close to the table so it's almost like a high chair anyway. I'm sure just booster seats would work for anyone.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I like both. High chairs are good for a while, but then once they start getting bigger, we shift to booster seats. It's similar to how in a car, they have a full car seat and then shift to a booster to make it better for the seatbelt to fit them properly. With a booster chair at the table, it still keeps them in place, but makes it so they fit better at the table and are high enough to reach.

5. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    My youngest son fell in a booster chair (the chair went and everything) so I was ultra wary using one with my daughter! I waited until she was a lot older than necessary and just used a highchair before then. I have to admit though, the accident was a fluke and the probability of it happening again is actually very slim - booster seats are so much more convenient and as the OP said, much easier to store than a high chair.

6. polenksz

polenkszMember

Threads:
    We are using a booster seat, the kind that you strap in regular chair. We like it because it easy to store, as we have a small house. We also bring it along when we out because some restaurants do not have high chairs.