High Efficient Washing Machine

Discussion in Water started by Mrs. Pirz • Jun 14, 2012.

1. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    My husband bought me an High efficiency washing machine. We had never used one of these so at first we didn't know how well it would clean or how the water bill would be affected. Incredibly enough it works like a charm (even though its a used model) and our water bill has only gone up by $3 a month!!! Thats incredible considering that I do laundry every Saturday. Our light bill hasn't gone up much either but the main savings is visible in the water bill. Have any of you had any water saving issued with an HE washing machine?

2. Beetler76

Beetler76Member

Threads:
    Hmm... I'm confused... you switched to a high efficiency washing machine and your water bill goes up? I don't have a high efficiency washer... what advantage do you get from it for the extra $3 per month?

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Hopefully, you've gotten a HE washer that is more late model in how it cleans. There have been many issues with build up in the front portion of the washer. Keep an eye on that as it ends up affecting the efficiency of the machine and how it cleans your clothes.

4. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I understand your confusion - I got caught up in my post and forgot to mention that last time I had a washing maching my bill was over $30 a month on water and with this machine I'm barely paying $15 a month. Yeah I can see how that would trip you up. Sorry:confused:

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, I got tripped up by that, too! Thanks for the clarification. I wish I did have a high efficency washing machine. We moved into our new home last fall but had to bring the old washer and dryer along with us. One of these days, I will get to replace it. When that happens, I will need to see about getting a high effeciency one. It sounds like yours is saving you a fair amount of money.