High End Handbags

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Rhoda D'ettore • Jan 19, 2015.

1. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    Do you have a favorite high end handbag brand? Coach, Ann Klein, MK?

What is it that you find appealing about them, and how long do you usually keep the bag?

I have an Ann Klein that I absolutely love. I find the stitching and durability to be excellent because I am very tough on items such as this.

2. emily0531

emily0531Member

Threads:
    I have never purchased a high-end handbag. I look for very large bags because I carry lots of work stuff with me. I usually buy handbags from places like Target or Walmart, and they generally last only a few months. They look nice, but the quality is not very good.

3. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I used to like Coach bags a lot, but I notice that the quality of their bags tend to be deteriorating. The edges tend to crack easily, even just after a few months. I know for a fact that Coach uses genuine leather in most of their products, but I really wonder why the material becomes like that only after a very short period of time.

Right now, I'm quite hooked up to MK bags. They are overall very simple but classy. I specifically like their plain tote bags. I carry it everywhere.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't buy designer bags, and I don't think I will. I'm just not into it. I'm content with the cheap ones. I would be willing to spend on branded backpacks though, and if you compare the two, they still cost a lot cheaper than designer handbags. I'd rather splurge on electronic items rather than designer handbags.

5. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Nope. No high end bags for me. In fact, the last three bags I've bought I got at a local horse sale. They always have a good supply of real leather handbags, usually with all different kinds of western designs and they go like hotcakes. Everyone loves them. Some of the ladies buy them up and sell them on e-bay.
    I'm happy just to catch those ladies asleep for a moment and get one for myself before they run the price up again.

6. jewarren

jewarrenNew Member

Threads:
    I'm a sucker for high-end handbags. Like one of the previous posters, I used to be big into Coach, but in the past 3 years or so, MK bags are all that I've bought. I've bought them in every size and material, and I seem to get the most day to day use out of my camel colored MK cross-body. MK bags are both modern and timeless. Plus, the great quality makes them last forever!

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to confess that I have used the same handbag every day for the past three years and it still looks great! It hasn't cracked, the seams are still intact and it has kept its shape. It cost me £40 from Marks & Spencers. At the time, I thought £40 was a little too expensive for a bag but it's clearly proved to be worth it.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a few coach bags but I get mine from the 2nd hand store at a very good price. TJ Max has some highend bags at a good price also. I don't think I will pay more than $125 for a bag, I have seen some that I like at a much higher price that is not in my budget. MK bags are nice but only from the 2nd hand store for me.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't own many high end bags... the only brands I own are Coach and Guess (one of each), and I don't wear them all that much. I don't really care that much for designer brand bags because I like the switch my bag all the time, so I can't afford to do that and be paying a lot for each one of them!

10. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I did like Coach a long time ago, but as someone else said I find their quality has gone down hill. The only other name brand bags I have are LongChamp and Dooney and Burke.

But I do love a high quality leather bag and have a few great ones without any special brand names, just made somewhere in Italy. One of the most expensive bags I have is a Charles Jourdan, and I never even heard of the name before I bought it.

11. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I have never ever purchased a "high end" hand bag in my life. I'd be too worried about damaging it! My bags really get beat up, so I never buy expensive ones, only sturdy ones. I have a nice over the shoulder bag that's a replica of WW2 medic's bag and I got it for only 15 bucks on Amazon. It's made of all cotton and it's great!

12. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I have four or five high end coach bags, but they get dirty. My favorite are the traditional brown and tan leather Luis Vuitton bags. They are easy to clean and as the leather softens with age they actually get better as they get older. The classic Luis also matches everything and just looks sexy to me.

13. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    High end bags are nice, but they always come with a heavy price tag. I have never bought one really. It's not that I don't like, it's just that I am not willing to spend so much for just one bag. I am content of having a bag, not branded and not high end, as long as it serves its purpose. Someday, when I have enough savings, I will consider buying one high end bag.

14. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have to be with those who aren't into high end hand bags. For me hand bags or purses as I prefer to call them have a function and aren't necessarily a fashion statment. For me purses are way to carry my necessary items when I leave home such as my wallet and my cellphone. So, going into designer hand bags isn't something I would do. I just prefer to have one purse that I use for function purposes. I guess I have never seen the fascination with designer hand bags or even designer label shoes for that matter. Yes, with shoes I do want something that will coordinate well with an outfit but they don't have to be expensive to do this, because their main purpose is to protect and cover my feet.

15. PrettyBrainQueen

PrettyBrainQueenBanned

Threads:
    Well, I love high end bags and my Bvlgari back is honestly not as durable but I'm sure it because of it's satin material. Which is why I agree with women who aren't really into designer bags because sometimes cheap bags just hold up better. They're more spacious sometimes too. But I too admit I am a sucker for hand bags (sad face)