High-Heeled Shoes

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by GLOGIK • Aug 14, 2014.

1. GLOGIK

GLOGIKMember

Threads:
    Hi everyone, there is something that has been on my mind for a very long time, but I think it's time for me to let it out. There was a particular incidence that took place one Sunday, as I walked to church. I was already close to the church premises - actually I was just about crossing the main road which was separating me from the church building, when a young lady who was wearing High-heeled shoes began to cross the road. There were 3 vehicles on top speed, approaching. I paused, and watched her as she began to cross. Unfortunately, the drivers in the country and city where I was at the time are not very gentle people. They continued to advance on top speed, as if to say there was nobody on the road. That lady tried to pick-up her pace, but I guess she figured out that doing so would only cause her to land her face on the ground - the Heels of the shoes were just too high for her to take the risk. She just helplessly continued to walk sluggishly, until these drivers with cars on top speed, had to apply their brakes. They began to rain abuses on her, in the middle of the road. I really felt for her. The worse part was, as I followed the lady with my eyes, I saw she was going into my church! At that point, I deliberately began to wait for the drivers to move on before attempting to cross over into the church. I didn't want them to know that we attended the same church. I was ashamed for her sake.

My question is: Why do ladies like to wear these high-heeled shoes, when they know it makes life very difficult for them? Please, ladies, if you wear high-heels, please help me understand why you do so.

Guys, what do you think about your woman walking on those things?;)

2. Nada noor

Nada noorNew Member

Threads:
    the ones that are uncomfortable are the ones that have very thin hard soles where the balls of your feet are - ie the ball of your foot almost touches the floor

try getting ones with slightly higher padded soles

3. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I like wearing them occasionally because I like how they look. I can walk in them easily since I've been wearing them for years. Not everybody walks slowly and awkwardly like the lady you are describing.

People like to wear different styles for a range of reasons. Different strokes for different folks.

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    It's not difficult for all woman to wear high heeled shoes. Some people have better balance or use special inserts/padding in their shoes to make the shoes more comfortable. I am happy in 4 inch heels, my sister doesn't like anything over 2 inches. I think it's more a matter of preference than anything else. I think people can look a little silly if they are wearing heels and can't walk in them but if it makes them happy then they should keep doing it because it's not hurting anyone.

5. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    In my youth, I loved high heeled shoes. However, since having my four children, I have a lot of back and pelvis problems. As a result, I now rarely wear high heels. I only wear them for special occasions and even then I usually end up going barefoot before the end of the event. At home, I wear trainers/ sneakers, pumps or flats. (I am a woman by the way!)

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think high-heeled shoes make women look more fashionable and trendy. That's why they wear it, aside from adding height to their frame. As for me, I don't wear them and luckily for me, I'm considered above average in height, so there's no need for me to wear heels.

7. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I think your sister and I are a bit similar as most of my heeled shoes are not over 2 inches. Though I can still walk comfortable with a 3-inch heels but not for long periods of time though just for special events. Just for fun I did try those really high heels (I think around 5 inches or so?) in a department store last time and it was extremely hard for me to even take a few steps with it. :(

8. Riggy

RiggyMember

Threads:
    I have no idea what the church has to do with this story and it's pretty bad that you didn't want to have anything to do with her. Personally, as a male, I think women in heels makes them so much more attractive. Something about them wearing heels just makes them come across as a lot more sexy. If they're extremely uncomfortable in heels though, that's where I wouldn't like them to wear them.