High Necklines

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by May102014 • Oct 27, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    What is your opinion on high necklines? Here's pick from Louis Vuitton's fashion show in Paris. I don't really have a positive or negative opinion on this one. The design of the blouse looks like it has too much going on with multiple patterns and any type of see through top will be left at the store for me. I never liked the idea of anyone noticing the underwear I have on underneath my clothing. What are your thoughts?

highnecklines.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never liked high necks as they feel so restrictive and would make me itch. It can suit people with small frames and long necks, but can make others look short bodied. On a practical level they can keep your neck warm in winter, but that's not so much fashion, though there are fashionable tops, and more of a comfort and protective function.

As for visible underwear, well nightclubs and parties only.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that high necklines are applicable and ideal to wear during winter, but they don't look very nice to the point that the average Joe will want to wear it casually and in public. Wearing one feels like you have a dog collar on your neck, lol. So I think that kind of fashion is only fit for the runway.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate high necklines. I don't like anything on my throat. I don't even like turtleneck sweaters. Plus, I have a full chest. High necklines make me look matronly. That's not a good thing.

5. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    High necklines, turtlenecks or "mock necks" make me look like I have no neck. I prefer scoop necks or v necks. Besides that shows the girls off to the best advantage. I can sometimes get away with a loose cowl neck but really I'd rather wear what looks best on me.