Highest You'll Pay For Sneakers?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by TheViper • Jan 7, 2016.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    As we all know there are a variety of sneakers out in today's market. These sneakers can easily pass the $200 mark in some areas. I want to know the highest you are willing to spend on a pair of sneakers . This doesn't mean you have some sort of extra money or leeway all of a sudden. I'm talking about the standard amount you'd pay regardless of any factors involved.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never really been one of those people who will pay an expensive amount for clothing or other types of apparel. I can usually find clothing and sneakers that I like for a reasonable price. I guess you could say that I don't have expensive taste, but I do enjoy having quality clothing and sneakers. So I'd say that the most I'd pay for a pair of sneakers would be £50.

3. rezonate

rezonateNew Member

Threads:
    Back in the day I use to buy $160 pair of sneakers and I don't think nothing has changed. A pair of Nike's can cost be about the same these days at least the good ones and I still would pay that much for a pair.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Because I'm not that big off a fan of sneakers, and will wear anything that's comfy to go for a walk/jog workout; I don't really splurge on sneakers. The most I'm happy to spend is £50, no more than that really!

5. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Not a fan of sneakers but recently I saw a pair of neon pink Nike shoes online. I must've checked every browser to see if they can be found somewhere. This was on Facebook and the next day, I saw a pair in neon purple. I'm starting to think both pairs were Photoshopped. Anyway, I was willing to pay $200.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The most I'd pay for sneakers would probably be around $100. Here we could get sneakers of a good brand and build at around $50 but admittedly the designs of those are a bit too generic for me so I'd actually rather go for the more expensive ones as much as possible if I can, but I don't like spending too much on sneakers because I'm not really that interested in them and would rather just spend my money somewhere else, so I usually just go for the cheaper ones so I can have more variety at least.

7. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use mine for anything other than going for walks, so I don't feel as though I need to spend an awful lot of money on them. More often than not I will spend around £30 on a pair, which will then last me for a good few years because I don't wear them very much at all. So I do certainly get my wear out of them. If I enjoyed running, I would spend more on them because it would be more important.

8. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I actually have only one pair of sneakers and it's Skechers. I don't know how much it is, I forgot already. But I don't think it exceeds the $100 mark. And that's more than I'm willing to pay for a pair of shoes. I'm pretty sure I even bought it in sale so there's a chance it's about $50 or around that mark. I only use it when I'm jogging so I don't really need an expensive or a highly branded one. It works, it looks cute and it's affordable so it's good enough for me.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go for any fancy expensive sneakers - I usually just keep a couple pairs of neutral white sneakers on hand at any given time. I try to keep it below $70 or so when shopping for them, but even better if I can get them below $50. For many years I only wore Aisics, because I liked their neutral styles, and they held up really well without falling apart on me. But more recently I went back to wearing good old Adidas, which is what I wore exclusively growing up as a kid.

Some of my friends though will shell out a pretty penny for special limited edition Adidas and other brands. I don't bother because I dress more low key. They're more hipster/fashion oriented than me, so those types of specialty edition shoes better fit their style overall than mine.

10. cuteone

cuteoneNew Member

Threads:
    I used to buy sneakers about 200$ , but then I came across these awesome sneakers

and just fell in love with them. I thought that they couldn't be nice ones as their price is so low, but I risked and bought them. I can tell you that I was astonished by their quality!! I'm so happy. Now I buy only K-swiss' sneakers. Love them

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would pay up to $75 for a durable pair of sneakers. Since Nike and Adidas can be expensive, I would just go for Skechers or other cheaper brands.

12. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I usually pay no more than $40 for a pair of brand new tennis shoes. I usually shop for a pair of running shoes made by Nike, Adidas, or Reebok when I need a new pair. I usually replace mine about once per year, and I try to get as much wear out of them as I can before replacing them. Finding a $40 pair of decent running shoes requires shopping the department store sales with a coupon (stores like JCPENNEY or Kohl's) or shopping the outlet mall at the Adidas, Nike, or Reebok outlet. If you do not have an outlet mall near you, these shoe companies usually have outlet priced shoes on their websites!

13. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    In the past, I would just purchase the cheapest pair I could find. I wasn't too worried about having the latest trends or the most expensive brands. Nowadays, I go jogging and walking a lot because I'm trying to loose weight. I'm more worried about shoes lasting longer now so I would be willing to spend up to $50 on a really good pair.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the most I would spend would be $80 for a pair of the Innov8 crossfit sneakers because I like the thin flexible soles.
    Since I like being barefoot, I appreciate that Innov8 shoes kind of feel like being barefoot. Sneakers with big thick soles make my feet feel heavy and I hate walking in big ,clunky shoes. It's actually worth the extra bit of money for me to buy shoes that are light and thin.