Hip-Hop

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by difrancprod • May 3, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Who among you here loves Hip-Hop? I miss the days of underground hip-hop though. Like Nas and Lauryn Hill. Those artists spoke the truth hidden in their rhymes. I'm glad Lauryn Hill is back though under Sony Music. I am so buying her album!

2. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Nas and Lauryn Hill are not underground. They're conscious rap, but there are actually a lot of others in that category. The problem is that people tend to prefer bubblegum music to someone effectively giving a lecture to music... like Common. That said I'm pleased to hear about Lauryn considering how long she's been gone, although she did have all those kids to raise.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love RnB, rap and hip-hop music. My fave rapper of all time was Ja Rule, but sadly, he's not active in the music industry anymore. So right now my current fave RnB artist is Chris Brown. He's very versatile, he can sing and he can rap, no wonder he's doing collaborations all over the place.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Old hiphop was certainly memorable, and had a very unique personality to it. I'm not saying the new ones are not good, just that they have evolved into something a lot more mixed in with other genres so it's hard to define where its personality or identity lies anymore. As for the old songs, I liked all the famous songs but I liked the less remembered ones a lot better, to be honest.

5. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    i love hip hop, I was so into Wutang clan back in the day. I really miss hip hop but Common, Mos Def and The Roots keep it alive. I wish Lil Kim would come out of hiding, because there a not a lot of women who rap well right now. I just listen to jazz now and old school hip hop cause these new artist make me feel bad they are so talentless. Even R & B requires a cheap rap from NIkki or Drake.