HMA (proxy server) for those who don't live in the U.S.

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Joebus • Jun 18, 2012.

1. Joebus

JoebusNew Member

Threads:
    Ever surf youtube, or any other sites, and you get the refreshing unavailable in your country message? I have never had this problem before I left the states, but now it frustrates me all to death. When you surf the internet, data from sites are sent to your computer. Just like a physical mail system, the data need an address where to send the information. This is called an I.P. Address. Though this changes from time to time, within that address is a country code, and if you are in the wrong country, you can be denied service. What Hide My Ass (H.M.A.) proxy server does is, you connect to one of their servers located in different countries, bypassing the I.P. address restrictions, allowing you to have more freedom on the internet. I have been using this program for a year, and it is subscription based. It is one of my most useful programs on my computer, and I highly suggest it to you.

As a side note, last I checked, Hulu is able to identify most proxy servers. I'm not sure if this one can get through or not, since I have never tried it, but if you want it only for Hulu, I suggest you save your money.

2. techbeast34

techbeast34Member

Threads:
    How is the speed on the proxy? Also, are there any ads that are placed on the webpage from the program?

3. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I'm thinking about joining a service like this. I agree it could be really useful to get, especially for me, decent Netflix content when I'm at home in Canada. It's really hard to go from awesome products to kinda limited ones when I jump across the border.

How much does your service cost? Because I have seen a big variety of prices for a subscription.