Home Goods Store

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Rosyrain • Mar 27, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    A Home Goods just opened up near my house and I was in heaven when I walked through the front doors. They are like an upscale version of Ross and without the clothing items. They have a lot of cute home decor items that you don't see at some of the other retailers and the prices are great.

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have only been to Home Goods one time, but they had such a wide variety of stuff for the home. Their prices did not seem to bad, either, but I noticed some of the merchandise you had to check very carefully. I almost bought a throw pillow but noticed it had a huge stain near the seem. Then I was going to buy a picture, but frame was all dinged up. I am not sure if it was just an unlucky shopping trip for me or if they are a store of second-hand or overstocked merchandise. I know a lot of people love to shop there.

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    The last three bed spreads I've bought for my Master bedroom have been from Homegoods. I love that place. I found all three at less than half the original price, and they were all really nice and really expensive brands.

I find myself growing bored with my bedspreads pretty often so I can't justify spending $100 on them. Bed Bath and Beyond has good prices and good coupons, but the quality sucks compared to stuff at HomeGoods.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I do not like to skimp on the quality when it comes to bed linens quality. I am one that washes my bedding frequently, so it needs to hold up in the wash for quite a while. Home Goods has some amazing brand names and the prices are reasonable. I have a feeling that I am going to spend a small fortune at that store!

5. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    We just had a Home Goods store open near us. Many women at the gym were very excited about it. It does have a wide range of home decorations and other home essentials. I am not much into knick knack thing that are dust collectors. I also noticed some items were not the best quality like a mirror. It's coloring on the frame wad not even.

6. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    On wow, I've never even heard of Homegoods. I'm going to have to find one in my area. I'd love to check it out after listening to y'all talk about. I could definitely use some new home decor!

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to browse around Home Goods, much like I used to browse around their sister company, TJ Maxx. Our local Home Goods also sells clothing in addition to stuff for your house. It's kind of hit or miss on the prices though. Sometimes I will find great deals on comforters and bed sets, as well as glassware and other kitchen gadgets. But their furniture is often times just as expensive as you would pay at a traditional furniture store - and they merely pull the old "Original price was this, but now it's on sale for this instead" where they jack up the original price to make it look like you're getting a bargain. And some of their odds and ends, such as pots and pans, cost just as much if not occasionally more, than what they would be at Bed Bath & Beyond. Plus they may have some nicks and dings in them, on top of not costing any less.