Home-made beauty recipes

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by wolfpacklovin • Feb 20, 2013.

1. wolfpacklovin

wolfpacklovinNew Member

Threads:
    I've gone great lengths to keep my beauty regimen free of as many chemicals as possible. So I will resort to using my own/others recipes for my hair and skin care needs. I've recently began taking different supplements to help my skin and hair texture. Right now, I am drinking gelatin everyday and it has helped my hair and nails become stronger. I've also incorporated it into my shampoo.

My homemade shampoo recipe is:
    -1/2 Dr. Bronner's almond soap
    -1/2 water
    -1 teaspoon of gelatin
    -sweet apricot oil(I put a lot in, my hair is coarse and curly)
    -vitamin E oil
    -essential oils(lavender)

It's really easy, I mainly just mix these ingredients into my shampoo container and shake it up. Then after I rinse my hair with Apple cigar vinegar and put coconut oil on my hair and skin. When I notice my bleached area is getting dry, I will mix up an egg and throw it in my hair in the shower. It works just as well as any expensive hair conditioner. Believe me, I love me some Bumble & Bumble, but for the price and chemical bath. I will stick with my egg yolk conditioner.

What are your beauty recipes? :)

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    My regimin is similar to yours but less complicated in that I don't bother with shampoo. I just rinse with diluted acv and put either olive oil or coconut oil (with lavender, of course!) on my hair and skin.

I tried using egg as a conditioner... well, actually, I tried using home made mayonnaise (egg + vinegar + oil), but it's incredibly difficult to make a decent blended mayonnaise without an immersion blender and as such I had little tiny pieces of egg stuck in my hair for the rest of the day. This happened twice. The next time I try doing something like that, I'm going to make sure I have an immersion blender. Until then, I just mix coconut oil with cheap store conditioner.

3. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    Potato, milk, butter milk, curd, papaya, tomato, all are good for face. Apply it all individually for 10 mins. Aloevera pulp is good for hair, u can massage your hair with it.

4. pamelalalove

pamelalaloveNew Member

Threads:
    My hair is the longest it has been in a very long time. I cut it above shoulder length last year and in no time its down to the middle of my back. I had a serious problem with split ends and I learned that keeping my hair fully moisturized was the best method. I stopped using a lot of heat and started keeping my hair in buns and quick styles. I used olive oil, lavender, and aloe to keep my hair smooth and moisturized. I also changed my diet, I started drinking a lot more water and taking multi vitamins. My hair, nails, and skin are a lot stronger and healthier.

5. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have honestly only tried including eggs when I wash my hair. This has actually been an ancient remedy that has been around for centuries but now that we have actual shampoos it is not necessary. Most women experience hair loss and damaged ends which was not so typical back in the day. Washing your hair wit eggs every now and then makes your hair 10 times smoother and softer and shinier. Eggs are filled with nutrients that are not only good for the stomach but for the hair as well.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not tried this recipe yet but plan to give it a try as soon as I get some green tea: grind up oatmeal and green tea, apply to face let dry about 15 minutes, great face mask. Shiny tight skin.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    You have to be careful with eggs though. If you wash with anthing hotter than tepid water, the eggs will cook themselves into your hair.

8. winnifred

winnifredMember

Threads:
    I make my own hair and body butter which I love and is very inexpensive.

I mix olive and coconut oils with shea and cocoa butter. I melt them in the microwave then freeze it for about 2 hours. I use this on my hair and skin daily with great results. I have made some body butter for my friends, too and they love them.

Nothing beats natural!

9. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    You're absolutely right that nothing beats natural. If you look at all the best hair and skin products, they're usually touting all natural ingredients anyway, haha!