Home Movies vs Movie Theater after "Movie Massacre" event?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Terri • Aug 10, 2012.

1. Terri

TerriMember

Threads:
    This brings up so many things in my mind, and I wish I could talk about all of them. Instead, I could say a few things about this issue. I don't know if something like that would happen again, and I personally don't think it stopped too many people from going to the movie theater (and lots of them went to see the new Batman movie). Other people may feel as if they're more comfortable watching a movie at home on their personal television or computer.

I haven't been to the movie theater in a while. *sighs* After the incident, I didn't think it could happen again, because I knew how advanced the Holmes guy's attacks were. He was "highly prepared". The movie going experience - aside from the high prices - is magical, in my eyes. I'd never want it to completely disappear. :(

Do you prefer to watch movies at home instead of going out to the theater after the "Movie Theater Massacre" event?

2. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I have never liked crowds or going to a theater. I have always prefered watching movies at home. I like comfort and also like to pause a movie and back it up when I miss something. Lol I am affraid if I tried to back up the film people might want to shoot me. lol As far as being afraid. I wouldn't let fear ever stop me from doing something I enjoyed doing. There is risk in everything that we do. This was an isolated nutball. That doesn't mean that another isolated nutball won't snap and start shooting up a shopping mall or restaurant. Its the price that we pay living in a society. You never know who will snap or when.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't really go to the movies much even before the shootings in Colorado. A movie ticket costs $10. There was another thread in this forum about how much food you can buy with $10 if you shop wisely and use coupons.
    Spending $10 on a movie ticket seems like a huge waste when you can wait a couple of months and rent it for $1 from Redbox. I used to go to the movies a lot when I was in college and a matinee was $3. Nowadays, going to the movies, especially with your family is a $40 investment. No thanks.

4. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    After the recent massacre at Colorado, I'd definitely prefer watching movies at home. I'm not a person who loves watching movies at a theater anyway but after the shootout, you just want to be more careful. You never know if there is some other psycho guy out there waiting to shoot blindly at innocent people. Rather be safe than sorry!! :)

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The massacre in Colorado didn't really affect my going to the movies. I used to enjoy going to the movies as a young adult. Now, not so much. Many of the movies don't interest me and I can find more interesting movies or television shows on cable.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I went to the theater the day after it happened to see the new Batman. Can't live in fear like that over seeing a movie - besides, an event like that could happen anywhere.