Home Parties

Discussion in Misc & Others started by chassitymiller • May 18, 2012.

1. chassitymiller

chassitymillerNew Member

Threads:
    So it seems as if having home parties are the "in" thing to do right now. What kind of home parties have you hosted? Been to? Pros? Cons? Would you do it again? What things did you earn? What things would you like to see available in the home party?

2. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    I used to sell Tupperware, and I have been to Mary Kay and some candle company parties. The Tupperware business can be pretty lucrative if you really work hard at it and keep your customers updated.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I've been to and hosted Tupperware parties in the past. It was great fun, and I got some good gifts as a hostess. I have two limited edition marinade boxes which are around 20 years old now and still going strong. They're ridged top and bottom, so the food is coated all over, without the need to use too much marinade liquid.

I've also hosted Pippa Dee clothing parties, but you don't seem to hear of them now, unless they've undergone a rebrand.

4. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    The marinating containers were a really good product. I think they bring them back periodically as a specialty item, usually in the spring. You can find them sometimes in thrift stores.

5. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    My late mother used to host Mary Kay and Tupperware home parties. As a kid, I enjoyed it a lot because her friends would bring chocolates and other gifts for me :D My late mother enjoyed it too even though it was a lot of hard work. I remember one home party, my three brothers invited all their lady-friends and the house was packed with teenage girls and their mothers. It was a great way to make friends for my mother too, as she was a housewife. I haven't hosted any home party, and I were an agent of any of the above brands mentioned, I would have rocked an awesome home party (as I love it!).

6. arichter

arichterNew Member

Threads:
    I am a Tupperware consultant and LOVE doing it. I also have been to 31 and they are great!

7. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't had a home party yet but the ones that I have been to was kind of like, I couldn't really enjoy because I think the ladies nee to leave there children at home so that you are able to concentrate on what item or items you want to purchase. Home parties should be for the grown ups I think and not the children running all over the place.