Honey

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by chiofthenorns • Sep 29, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Hi!

Recently, I started taking one tablespoon of honey every morning before breakfast. I do not know the health benefits of this, but I read many great things about honey. Do you do this, too? What are some of the health benefits of honey that you know?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I know honey is a natural remedy for many ailments. I have taken it on many occasions and even used it on the outside in hair masks and for my ankle when it got sprained. I haven't taken it every day but I have heard that it is very good for you. I knew one man in the Dominican Republic, that despite his advancing years, took a spoonful of honey with crushed garlic every morning and said that it was one of the reasons why he was so strong. I know garlic also has many health benefits, maybe the combination is even better. But one must be careful with garlic if they have low-blood pressure because it will make it drop. There are no side effects to taking honey that I have learned of as of yet.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My now late uncle who had high blood pressure used to also take honey with crushed garlic, so I think honey is good for treating high blood pressure. But here's a more comprehensive list regarding the benefits of honey:

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for all the replies! I am still taking one tablespoon of honey every day. I don't think that I will be able to take it with garlic though because I hate the smell and taste of garlic. :( Still, it is good to know that I am not the only taking this. :)