Honeymoon suggestions?

Discussion in Travel started by courtney1985 • Sep 5, 2012.

1. courtney1985

courtney1985New Member

Threads:
    We married on our 10 year anniversary and are considering our honey moon soon. We had to return to work so we didn't take it immediately. We have only been outside of the United States one time. We went to Jamaica which was an amazing adventure. I want to go back but that will be at a later time in our lives.

What month and destination would you suggest we go? I love Hawaii but I hear you can go there anytime. I also love Brazil but I'm just not sure when is the best time to go there.

2. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    Not for everyone, but my hubby and I just got in the car and drove. No destination in the plans. It was a wonderful idea. We ended up in Niagra Falls, Salem Mass., Glosuster Mass., Cape Cod and a few less known attractions. It was great. We just traveled and let the roads decide our stops. Of course it wasn't a tropical island, but it was wonderful.

3. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Hawaii would be a perfect one since of course there will be beach. And just like you said you can go there anytime, its warm place too.

4. kalasin

kalasinMember

Threads:
    I would take a cruise and see a bunch of places :) Mediterranean would be my ideal, but Caribbean is popular too. Alaska is a very popular cruise destination but I'm not so into vacationing in the cold.

5. Robert E.

Robert E.New Member

Threads:
    I've heard a lot of good things about Jamaica... :)-~. Might I suggest Amsterdam? I've heard an awful lot of stories about Brazil being dangerous for American tourists. Never been to either of them. I HAVE been to Mexico and Hawaii. I was in Tijuana, Mexico. It was like a gigantic flea market. If the opportunity arose, I would return to Hawaii in a heartbeat. It was the most interesting, fun, and beautiful vacation I've ever been on! Active volcanoes and a black sand beach. Most of all, the joy of being in the middle of the Pacific Ocean far away from mainland! Almost as if time stops... it's perfect.

6. hsandez

hsandezNew Member

Threads:
    Well my now wife and I had an impromptu honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. After having not seen each other in about 12 years we reconnected, spent a week together, went down to Playa del Carmen and decided once there to get married. I know it all sounds kind of spur of the moment but it really felt natural and now we are approaching four months of being married. While we were only there for a couple of days, I can say that the Caribbean is an awesome place to be. Just swimming in the crystal clear waters transports you to another place. I definitely want to go back. And I would suggest Playa del Carmen over Cancun because the beaches are just as nice but you do not have the over saturation of tourist that you get in Cancun.

7. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I would highly recommend getting away to another continent and go eastwards, and experience something entirely new, like the Far East. Take Bali, for instance. It is paradise! You can travel any time between April and October. Thailand is lovely too, (recommend: Koh Samui and Phuket). It is entirely up to the kind of experience you want to have.

8. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    Do you like water sports, ghost tours, weird people, the ocean, and warm tropical weather? If you do, then you should take your honeymoon in Key West. I have lived here for two years, and I can tell you first hand that there are lots of fun things to do. Now, they even have a new 'Duck' tour. You are in a vehicle that takes you around the island, then brings you into the ocean for a while, then takes you back to land again. Come join the fun. We would love to have you.