Hong Kong Disneyland

Discussion in Travel started by Ashlee • Oct 25, 2014.

1. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever been to Hong Kong Disneyland? Last month I visited it. It is located on reclaimed land in Penny's Bay, Lantau Island. It is simultaneously with the Ocean Park Hong Kong. It was opened to visitors on Monday, 12 September 2005. It contains of seven themed parts Main Street, U.S.A., Fantasyland, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, Grizzly Gulch, Mystic Point, and Toy Story Land. It is an awesome place for families and especially for kids. I have spent a great time there.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree, it's very good for what it is and even I as an adult enjoyed my experience there. The only slightly negative comment I have was that it is too small but like I said still very good. I don't expect it to be as grand as the original Disneyland of course, and since it is a lot more accessible to me being in Asia, I guess it will have to do, but I still someday hope to get to go back to the main one since the last time I went there I was still very young and couldn't really appreciate it as much as I would now.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm planning to go to Disney HK after the protests against the Chinese government come to a standstill. Pro-democracy protestors are still hovering about the city and the government has dispatched a number of policemen to handle them in case they start a riot. HK's domestic problems will mar my enjoyment. So until then, I'd stay away from Disney HK. Maybe I'll go to Tokyo instead?

4. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    xTinx! I can understand your problem and I know it will be difficult for you to explore the Hong Kong Disneyland, You should not be worrying about it because you can visit it after the protest. Here I want to mention that Tokyo is really an amazing option. It has a variety of tourist attractions. Have you ever visited it before? How did you find it?

5. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never visited Hong Kong Disney land as I have never been to that part of the main land. But I have heard quite a lot about Hong Kong Disney land as it is really fun and thrilling. I have lots of videos and photos from the particular websites and I totally love them. I hope I can visit them real soon.

6. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    akiii123! I would like to highly recommend you the Hong Kong Disney Land. It is the best place ever. I am sure you will have a great time here because there you can enjoy many exciting and thrilling rides. I wish you will be there soon and enjoy its all activities and fun in real. After visiting it don't forget to share your experience with us.

7. Garryson

GarrysonBanned

Threads:
    Personally I never visited the Hong Kong Disneyland but my friend told me that it is a great place to be visited in Hong Kong for families and offers a wide variety of fun things to do there. Now this thread also proved helpful to rise my knowledge about this theme park. I wish to visit this with my wife and son.

8. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Garryson! I wish you will be there very soon. Hong Kong is personally one of my favorite cities of the world and I always prefer this place to spend my leisure time and vacations. There is not only a famous Hong Kong Disneyland but there are many other places for all ages. Have you visited the other attractive places of this region or not? If yes so please your experience and reviews about them

9. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Not really, but it is something that I hope to do before I die! Hahaha. I heard a lot of great things about Hong Kong Disneyland. However, I also want to experience the Disneyland in Florida. :)

10. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Chiofthenorns! Impressive thought “Not really, but it is something that I hope to do before I die!” Well, Walt Disney Land is really a great place. I have been there twice a time in my life and I always found it very special and unique. Its all rides, rollers and coasters are just awesome and very exciting. Its food taste and all magical shows are very nice. The one and only bad thing is that it always remains full of the people. Otherwise it is really a magical land.

11. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    I have been to Hong Kong Disneyland about a year ago with my family. We have been there to enjoy our summer vacations. One of my friends suggested me to visit this theme park and that was a great decision for me as well as for my family. This theme park is located on in Penny's Bay, Lantau Island. It was opened for the visitors on 12 September 2005. It is consists of seven prettiest themed areas that are filled with awesome attractions. This park also offers a wide range of activities to enjoy to its visitors.

12. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Disney HK is far away from where the protests were. It's completely the other side of Hong Kong and not a place that protesters would find any value in protesting anyway - no major thoroughfares or shopping centers. Anyway, the protests are over now so it's fine now. Japan would be interesting but my guess is that it would be far more expensive.

13. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Hong kong is one of most fascinating places. I heard lot of about it's attractions and other enhancing spots. But i never get any chance to explore it yet. I wish could make a visit there for once at least. I would love to explore Disney Hk, ocean park, lamma island, clock tower and kowloon park. If you guys have any experince there then must share it with me. As i am keen to know more about the following attractions.

14. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Kylrey! Can you give me some details about ocean park and lamma island? I am interested to know about both tourists’ destinations. These attractions sound nice but I am unfamiliar to these spots. I think through your help I can get some useful information about these destinations. I hope you will reply me soon.

15. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Sure roki123! Your must be aware of that Lamma island is also known as Pok Liu. That island is included in Hong kong's largest islands. It is located in the southwest area of HK. It is famous among tourists due to it's natural charm away from the hustle and bustle, few peoples live in southern area of that island. lush greenery, that also covers peaky mountains makes it more prominent among tourists. Mount Stenhouse is the largest mountain of that island. I will suggest you to must take a visit there. Hy and don't forget to take your camera with you........:)

16. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Ocean Park Hong Kong is one of the most visited attractions of this country. I also have little information about this park. This beautiful park is located in Wong Chuk Hang and Nam Long Shan. It was opened in 1977. It offers over 80 attractions and rides to its visitors at that time.