Hot Or Cold Coffee

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Theo • May 10, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only like hot coffee and don't understand people who drink iced coffee. Some people drink both, but I think iced coffee seems all wrong to me. Also iced coffee seems very expensive for what they are.

Do people prefer one over the other or only drink one type?

2. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    It has to be hot coffee for me. I haven't tried the iced version as it's not something that's very popular here in the UK.
    I especially like cappuccino or latte and have a machine that makes it just right with a milk frother and fresh grounds.
    The only time I have tried cold coffee is in flavoured puddings like tiramisu. That is nice but for some reason I do not like coffee flavoured chocolates.

3. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I'm the complete opposite, I can't stand hot coffee, but I love iced coffee. It might be because I don't like hot food in general though. If something is too hot I don't enjoy eating it at all, so I'm used to letting my food and drinks cool off before I eat or drink them.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’m another one who prefers iced coffee to hot coffee, for the most part. It could have something to do with the fact that I like coffee-flavored things (ice cream, candy, etc.) more than I like real coffee. I do enjoy hot flavored coffee drinks but they’re usually quite unhealthy, so I limit my intake. Pretty much the only hot coffees I can drink without loading them down with other things are flavored Kona coffee blends, but they can get pretty pricey.

5. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    Hot coffee is so soothing and tasty. The warmth is like part of the flavor. I have done cold coffee though, but not with ice. I have had coffee with a large scoop of ice cream in it. It is so wonderful! It is creamy and is like a warm malt shake.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hot coffee every time for me - it tastes awful when it's cold. I've never liked frappes or iced coffee at all and cannot understand how people can enjoy it!

7. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I love both! I prefer hot coffee in the early morning and winter but if its after lunch on a summer day for me I have to have iced coffee.

8. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I'm only used to drinking hot coffee. To me coffee cold just taste horrible to me. Though, if you load it up with sugar and chocolate than I can see why people like it.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm glad it's not just me. I have friends who like both and some that only like iced coffee which I think they like because it's like a milkshake really.

The thought of cold coffee is too strange and when I see people reheat coffee when it gets cold, it tastes strange and I have to throw it away. While I don't like waste, I don't see the point of drinking something horrid either.

10. RapidRaven

RapidRavenMember

Threads:
    Hmm, I don't drink coffee myself, but I've seen my friends drink it. Some of them drink their coffee cold, others warm, and others switch it up depending on the day. Both have their own unique tastes and textures depending on the temperature. So, I cannot recommend one over the other.

11. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    In the morning, I would always prefer hot coffee over iced coffee. But in lazy afternoons, sometimes I would crave for an iced coffee.