Hot water

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by JaydonTyler • Jun 25, 2014.

1. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    It is true that hot water strips natural oils from your scalp. But, shampoo is far worse.

Hot water is all that you need to wash your hair with. It wipes away bad bacteria, while not damaging the good bacteria like shampoo does to your scalp. I've been using nothing but hot water for some time now with great success.

My hair is healthier then it was when I was washing it with shampoo. I seen great results after the first week. I use to have an oily scalp and I do not anymore.

#Success

2. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    My father started losing hair, because he washed his hair every day. Shampoos are useless and they make hair worse. I used to wash my hair 4 times a week and it was getting worse and worse. I started getting dandruff which I never had.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds to me like this came from someone who just wanted an excuse to justify saving money on buying shampoo and their heating bills!

Any sources to this online?

4. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty sure your father started losing his hair, because he was at the age where he was going to lose hair. Not because he was washing his hair every day. Otherwise hal the world would be totally bald.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only thing I've heard was on a message board that people in non western cultures use just water to wash their entire bodies. They don't even use toothpaste I think. One person claimed that their teeth and their whole body was better than it has ever been in years. I don't know I think they are full of it. It just sounds really gross. Maybe we don't need all the hygiene products out there but I've yet to see proof.

6. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    I've mentioned this around here in a normal thread, but switching over to a "no poo" (shampoo) regimen has really helped my hair. Now, I can't recommend it to everyone as we all have different types of hair, but in my case I noticed quite a difference in due time. There are a bit of early growing pains as your hair is still accustomed to over-compensating from previously stripping those natural oils with shampoo so the first few weeks without shampoo can be a bit rough. However, in due time it normalizes and surprisingly doesn't smell or anything of that sort. One big thing though is to incorporate ACV or "Apple Cider Vinegar" diluted in water to help keep the ph level of your hair normalized.

All this in mind, the Mrs. can't switch to "no poo" entirely as it just doesn't work with her. However, she can significantly reduce the amount of shampoo treatments she uses each week. At the least, I think most people can take that approach.

7. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, no. If I wanted to use shampoo I think I could afford it. The reason I quit using shampoo is because it makes no sense to use harsh chemicals on or inside of our body. All it does is add stress to the body. I had oily hair before, now I dont. It's a known fact that shampoo dries out your scalp leading to more oil being produced. For some people, its worse then others.

I don't have "online sources". I'm not the type to sit in front of the computer reading all day when I could be "doing". It's like those people that want to lose weight, but they spend more time reading then actually working out and eating healthy. I like to try things out that make sense to me and if they work for me, I continue doing them.

When you eliminate all toxins from your body, you have a perfectly healthy body. Shampoo is nothing more then you apply toxins to the scalp. Shampoo kills the healthy bacteria on our scalp like mouth wash does in your mouth. These products are an illusion.

I don't use toothpaste or mouth wash and I have good breathe. I bet that shocks you too.

8. Nickchick

Threads:
    Well that's the best way to be. You should try things that make sense to you and do what works for you. The problem is it's difficult to believe something just because some random person said so. While it does make sense that harsh chemicals are not good on your body, there is such a thing as the more natural shampoo or other hygiene products.

9. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    What a radical idea! I have had oily hair my whole life and would be afraid that my hair would get super oily if I didn't use shampoo. I would however like to do my part to help the enviroment, I have switched to using vinager to clean with. So I may give this a try!

10. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    It's very hot here in my country. You get sweaty outside and that's including the head part. Not washing the hair and scalp properly will keep you scratching the whole night. The dried sweats on my head will make my hair smelly if I only wash it with water. I like it when my hair smells good as it stays close to my husband's nose when we are sleeping at night :D

11. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I have stopped having hot showers, my skin has improved a lot. It used to get dry and flaky patches on my legs and arms before. But now, since I have trained myself to use only tepid water, my skin doesn't feel so dehydrated anymore. I still use shampoo and soap, but only minimally. These days I try to alternate between tepid and cold water to improve my circulation as well.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure how cleaning the hair with just hot water is as effective as just using shampoo, but I guess I will pass that one up, because it's also very hot here in our country and our hair needs to be cleaned everyday especially if the weather is humid. I don't think just using hot water can get rid of all the sweat and oil on our scalp.

13. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, from my experience I can assure that hot water is not enough to keep the hair clean or at least I have to say that it doesn't work with me. I have a very greasy hair and I need a shampoo that keeps it clean. A few years ago I tried to wash it with clay (powder) and it's really effective, somewhat messy though, that is why I stopped.

14. Nickchick

Threads:
    Yeah I would think that hot water wouldn't be either because otherwise every time it is pouring rain we could just stand out in the rain and our hair would be clean. Of course rain isn't hot but rain is more pure than our water in the home and I would think the heat of the water would make it more smelly with all the sweat. If not, then you could easily burn your scalp. I have to deal with changing the water constantly to be comfortable as it is.

15. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    In the summer I am often able to swim in a cool lake. While it doesn't replace my need to was my hair or body it does reduce the frequency. I will take a mild soap and use that in the lake in lieu of a hot shower if the weather is amicable as well. I find that the lake water leaves my hair softer and less prone to oily build up than a hot shower does. I wonder if it might be in part due to the fact that it gets rinsed better in the lake because I am swimming in it.

There are probably some natural products out there that work as well as commercial shampoo but do less damage.

16. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    Hot water alone is definitely not enough to clean your hair especially if you naturally have oily skin or scalp buildup. What has been recommended to me and I would recommend to others is to find a natural shampoo suitable to your hair and scalp type and wash with a cold rinse so as not to damage hair. Plus, the cold water on your scalp is absolutely invigorating.