House Party

Discussion in Hot Deals started by Budget Diva • Apr 17, 2012.

1. Budget Diva

Budget DivaNew Member

Threads:
    I thought the site HouseParty.com belonged in the hot deals area. This site allows you to try free products. You sign up, hopefully get picked as a host, and they send you a bix of goodies. The catch is, you host a party on the specific date with your goodies. It is hard to explain, so you will just have to go check them out. I have hosted a Bell canning party, a Kinect video game party and a Green cleaning party. So, the goodies are just about anything and high quality. Hope you sign up and have fun!

2. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    So, how will they know if you threw the party? Do you have to like, videotape part of it?
    Do you get to keep the items they send you? Tell us more... :D

3. Christi Harris

Christi HarrisNew Member

Threads:
    This sounds too much like a scam or you have to buy something. I am very cautious of places like these.

4. brandontnguyen

brandontnguyenNew Member

Threads:
    Wait... so random people come to your house and have a house party? What's the deal here?

5. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Yup, I think you need to tell us more. What are you buying? What are you receiving in return? What do the "parties" entail and how are they verified?

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    No! You don't have random people show up. Not at all.

Basically, the company sends you free coupons to purchase the product and you're expected to host a party where you serve it or play the game, etc. For example, I did one for a new variety of chips. I just so happened to have a kids' birthday party coming up, so I served the chips at the party, took some pictures, filled out a survey about how people liked them, and moved on. It went really well. :)

7. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have been to hosted parties where you get discounts depending on how much your guests buy. Its always a little weird because you go wanting to help your friend by buying things but they are always over priced. My one girl friend has them all the time and while I like them, I feel pressure to buy things I don't really need. She ends up with some nice items though but she spent money on food to have her friends over, and she spends money on items she wants even though she might get a few things free or discounted. So I'm not sure if it really saves money doing those parties. If this is similar than I would rather look into something where you can host a party and invite your friends - not strangers into your home. If you want to do something with strangers then go to your community center or library and ask how much it would cost to use one of their rooms.