Houshold consumables that are not edibles.

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Lostvalleyguy • May 27, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I am talking about things like soap, toilet paper and window cleaners as well as many other products we commonly buy for our homes. These items are frequently on sale often as good as two for one. Most of these items will last as long as they need to and will not go bad. These are the type of items I often see coupons for.

If I see laundry detergent on sale, I will pick it up (if it is a good price and a brand I use) even if I don't have an immediate need. I keep a mental list of items to be on the lookout for when I am shopping. Once my supply of toilet paper, for example, starts to run low, it goes on the list and I will buy it if I see it on sale for a good price. By allowing a couple of weeks to look for something like this on sale, I never end up paying full price.

I am wondering if anyone ever pays full price for these items? Do you shop for these items when you need them or do you plan a bit ahead so that you can save some money?

2. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a extreme couponer so no I don't pay full price. I, too, stockpile anything and everything that has a long shelf life. I once had a years worth of toilet paper stocked up. I paid just under $20 for all of it. I look at sales ad at least a week ahead of time just so I can get my coupons gathered and organized in time for the big sale. If the sale is really awesome, I will preorder so I don't clear a shelf.

3. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I usually buy in bulk at the wholesale clubs like BJs. These packages usually last at least a few months, so I pay full bulk price, but the cost per unit is better. Moreover, I like the convenience of the bulk packages and almost always having things like toilet paper and paper towels around without having to buy them every month. I may look into buying things with coupons, though, if it prove to be worth it.