How COX Communications Sickens Me, with No Respect of Robin Williams' Legacy

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by mythman • Aug 17, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    10547667_751190074952369_6093308227928486389_n.

I subscribe to

'

. The other day, I see they have added a "Robin Williams"-'folder'; and I figure I can click-in to see some of the work Robin Williams blessed the world-with.

But no. The 'Robin Williams'-folder IS full of his movies, but I--one of the many with a 'paid' subscription to on-demand--can only view Robin Williams' gift if I PAY EXTRA! I would be suicidally depressed if my memorable work were only available to 'those who pay extra!'

("Friends Don't Let Friends Pay Full," right? And COX Communications is widely advertised as "Your Friend in the Digital Age." I understand that they're only 'friends' of subcribers; but I AM a subscriber, and have been for about ten years (and maybe more)! Shouldn't I own enough of the company to make them more "friendly"? to me, at least?

(And shouldn't Robin Williams' comedy-work (stand-up, TV-shows, movies) be FREE to subscribers, just like Jesus Christ's holy Spirit became FREE to the children of God? Jesus tells us He COULDN'T make the Holy Spirit FREE unless He passed-away! Just like that Spirit is FREE to all His friends, so Robin Williams' spirit should be FREE to all his fans.

(But COX Communications has NO RESPECT for the memory of Robin Williams' life-mission, and (in short) is GLAD HE'S DEAD! ... using his death as nothing but another media-bump to raise demand for Williams' work, rather than -as the price Robin paid to GIVE THE WORLD his comedy!)

2. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I think you need to chill a bit...

You do know that more people, other than Robin Williams worked on those movies, right? They're still alive, and they have every right to get paid for that work.
    And I mean, nobody complains when a famous painter passes away and his work becomes more valuable, right?
    But what's even more strange is that you expect any kind of Television, or Telecommunications company to be your friend. Let's get real here...

I don't want to get into it too much, because a Human life was lost, and it's kind of tasteless to be arguing over stuff like this.

3. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    It may not be much of a big deal, and I am sure his family would not mind. I myself do not find anything wrong with this. Look for other alternatives, there are plenty of choices out there where you can enjoy Robin Williams performances. If you are truly displeased about this, contact your customer service. I'm sure that any good business will try it's best to keep a reliable customer happy.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree and while I'm sure Cox has their negatives too I can't envision them being as bad as Comcast. At least you aren't locked into those monsters.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The cable company is not your friend and they are not Robin Williams' friend. They are trying to make a profit just like the people selling Mork & Mindy lunchboxes on eBay.
    This world is designed to separate you from your money.

I've been on the phone all morning after being overcharged by my phone company and my bank, so I'm painfully aware of how greedy service providers are.

I'm just wondering why you were shocked that a cable company is trying to profit from misery. That's pretty much what all corporations do. The world is a harsh place.

6. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    Ugh that is seriously downright disrespectful. What a load of BS. I don't blame you for getting mad at all. Money Money Advertise Advertise is all they seek to gain. That's crazy that they were trying to just advertise their movie service with something like that. They should seriously be ashamed at what they're doing.

7. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    First, because they're a "communications"-company (handling my telephone & internet as well).

Second, because I'm a 'long-time customer' & they give me free extras for staying Awesome.

And third, because their advertising makes them seem 'friendly' (from their funny, fun commercials to their motto "Your Friends in the Digital Age.")

It's sad I have to be reminded that they're friends with 'my money' FIRST, & I just tag-along :(

8. Gavin

GavinMember

Threads:
    I had a lot of issues when I had Cox while I was living somewhere where it was the primary player. They never did very good deals with the customers, their service wasn't that great, there was some outages where they didn't really do anything for the people who give them a lot of money. Eventually it was better to just not have TV, I cut that line for a little while until I was able to get Uverse at the next place.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a long time customer of my internet/phone/cable company. It doesn't make you special. They might try to make you feel like a special little snowflake, but you're just an account number to them.

When you call them, they want to know your account number first. You are a source of revenue to them, and if you stop paying them, you will find out how not special you are.
    They are friends with your money, you just happen to be the conduit that keeps the money flowing to them.

10. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    There is no good cable TV option. I do think it is tasteless to capitalize off of a death, though. I had trouble with Cox. Our internet speed was terrible, and we had to buy our own router since their signal only reached about two feet out. My partner and I got tired of bumping heads trying to get our laptops in range. They also take about 45 minutes to answer the phone- or did every time we called. And, they got every detail in the setup wrong from the address to my favorite food. We have Comcast now. It is also terrible, but for different reasons.